We had to find accommodation for one night and booked into Governor Prence months ahead of time. The advertised "deals" and relatively modest prices (circa $150 per night) were not available since we were booking for one night only, a fact we did not know until actually making the reservation. Upon arrival we were not given the type of room we had been told on the phone to expect, but rather their self described "regular room". It was a relic of the distant past and had not been updated for years. The A/C unit was unbelievably loud and the bath/shower had rust and stains. There was no chair other than one at the small desk. The small dorm-type fridge was noisy, too. The saving grace was that the beds were fairly comfortable. The room lacked sufficient insulation to block any sound from the adjoining rooms, too. Fast forward to 4:00 AM when there was a fire alarm which caused all to evacuate their rooms. There was no staff person on duty (this is a large motel with many guests) to assist or inform. Twenty minutes later, with all still outside in their pajamas, a police car arrived on scene and eventually turned off the alarm. Interestingly, when I was checking out the next day, the person on duty was claiming the alarm went on for only five minutes and the incident was clearly just a blip. Despite the fact that three others signing out at the same time said the incident went on for 25 to 30 minutes, the attendant continued to say "the report" said it was 5 minutes. All in all we will certainly try to avoid a stay here in the future. It is unfortunate that demand is so high for accommodations in the area that the owners don't seem to need to modernize their facilities nor care about their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swim in our oversized outdoor pool & relax in our spacious tree shaded courtyard with gazebo. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast served daily in our cafe. We are located directly on the Bike Trails & are a short walk to Main St. Orleans - with its many restaurants, shops and galleries. Free Wireless internet access now available. All rooms are smoke free and are equipped with refrigerators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Governor Prence Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor Prence Hotel Orleans
- Governor Prence Motel
- Governor Prence Inn Orleans, MA - Cape Cod