“Stay away from this unethical owner!I”

Cottage Street Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Orleans
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I ordered 40 cupcakes for a party. Asked to rent their cupcake tree to display them on ($50) and an extra $25 as a deposit. They gave me the tree tied up in a plastic bag. When I got it home it still was dirty from it's previous use. When putting the cupcakes on it, it broke in half. It had never been cleaned or examined before "renting" it to me. When I returned it I asked for the $75 back and was told by the owner, Mark, that I had the tree out of his shop for 24 hrs.....therefore the rental fee. I brought it back broken....therefore I had to forfeit the deposit as well. Incredulously, I asked, "you mean I just paid you $140 for 40 cupcakes that i served on a plate??" His reply was: "Well your guests liked them, didn't they?" He chose the wrong person to do this to as I am a local and have frequented his store. No more. Very unethical. Also very rude and condescending. No more Cottage Street Bakery for me!!!!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I love this place! The muffins and danish are the cream of the crop. If you don't have a dirt bomb muffin...you haven't lived.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My husband and I tried this bakery for lunch for the first time. We actually had lunch twice - first lunch was sandwiches which were delicious and fresh. I had the squash bread -so yummy. Next day my husband had the veggie chili and I had the sweet Annie salad-both servings were huge and delicious. And of course we had to get cookies- peanut butter and chocolate chocolate chip-and muffins which were all very very good. Would recommend the Cottage St Bakery highly!

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Had their egg sandwich here, it was delicious, much better than the Hole In One restaurant. We sat outside on one of their picnic tables, it was quiet and peaceful, which was nice because everywhere else we ate in Cape Cod was noisy, loud and crowded. Highly recommend.

1  Thank oceanwavve
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for a couple of muffins to go. The dirt mob and blueberry muffins were very good! While we were here, we observed their homemade soup choices for lunch. They sounded very good! Next time we are in the area we will try some!