“Should be ranked as one of the best in the country”

Captain Linnell House
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Orleans
Price range: US$ 23 - US$ 32
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Celebrating our 30th anniversary, the historic 1840 Captain Linnell House is home to Cape Cod's most distinguished fine dining restaurant as well as an award winning Cape Cod wedding, rehearsal dinner, and corporate venue site. We are located in Orleans, MA around the corner from Skaket Beach, a picturesque setting for a Cape Cod beach wedding ceremony. The Captain Linnell House is chef owned and offers expertly prepared classic fare - from iced Wellfleet oysters, escargot and baby kale salad, to entrees of rack of lamb, Black Angus prime rib, roast duckling with fresh raspberries, scrod n' parchment, and much more. We go as local and organic as possible. A three course $35.00 Prix Fixe Menu is offered from Mid-September thru June. Enjoy dining in one of our unique dining rooms. Our garden room looks out over a spacious lawn with the sunset in the distance. Fireplaces grace the other two. We are off the beaten path but finding us is memorable!
Reviewed 10 February 2019

We have been enjoying Cape Cod for over forty years and just discovered a gem in fine dining at the Captain Linnell House. The food is exceptional with a very attentive and professional staff.The Historic Sea Captain's House just adds to the evening's memorable experience.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed 9 February 2019

they have an amazing 3 course fixed price menu for the winter..They had Cod Cheeks on the menu .They were delicious & sweet..Then came desert Will their pastry chef has outdone himself..A 5-6 layer Carrot Cake..It was excellent

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

My Shirley Temple was amazing! I got 2 cherries instead of just 1. It never stopped fizzing! I love how this place has adopted the paper straws. It was sweet on the bottom by the deep red, and watery on top. You can choose your level of sweet! I would totally get it again and I encourage you to, too. Come on down and taste a proper fun night out. :D

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank TheGreatCat
shellyh430, Owner at Captain Linnell House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2019

Thank you for sending the most wonderful and unique review we have ever received in 30 years. We smile every time we think about your wonderful words!!! It brought Chef Bill and I great joy! Thank you.

Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

We’ve been coming to Cape Cod for decades, and can’t believe we waited this long to dine at Captain Linnell House. Big mistake! Last night we finally went, and it was fantastic. The atmosphere is stunning and romantic. Roses topped every table, along with lit oil lamps, even on tables that were unoccupied. The wait staff, and owner were engaging, service was perfect, as were the martinis. We ordered from the price fixed menu, which includes appetizer, soup or salad, choice of four wonderful options and dessert.
My wife had the Lavash and I had the mushroom soup. Both, delicious. I selected the cod cheeks and my wife had striper. Both dishes were perfectly prepared, and beautifully presented. They came with smashed potatoes, turnip and broccoli in a separate dish. The serving size is substantial. For dessert my wife chose the seven layer carrot cake.
Taste, presentation and texture were perfect, as was my key lime pie pictured below.
One has to appreciate the meticulous care given to this beautiful restaurant.
We plan to return again and again, to make up for lost time. What were we thinking....waiting so long to go there?
Highly recommend!

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank drmallard
Reviewed 7 January 2019

Went to Captain Linnell for New Year’s Eve dinner with friends. The service was friendly and impeccable. Everyone raved about their food choice. I had the lamb chops which were grilled perfectly and totally delicious. We also had a table with beautiful views of the gardens. Definitely coming back soon!

Date of visit: December 2018