“Great Meal, Greatly Served, Reasonably Price with Great Company”
Review of Guapo's Restaurant

Guapo's Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 61 Restaurants in Orleans
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had another GREAT early dinner at Guapos in Orleans on Cape Cod after work on the first Wednesday in April. We both knew what we wanted before we headed out, me the fajitas and my best bud for food and fun, tacos.
Great waitress Miranda did an excellent job taking care of us two, her customers. She made sure we had everything we needed as we needed it, in addition to bringing us our meals. I had the shrimp fajita plate, a riot of flavors for less than twenty bucks, not counting tax and tip. My best bud had the three taco plate for less than seventeen dollars, shrimp, taco carne and fish taco. Plates went back to the kitchen clean.
We also emptied a basket of chips and two dishes of salsa, delicious salsa.
I was a little disappointed with the amount of shrimp and peppers delivered to my table; Guapos had been much more generous on all my previous visits. Is there a new chef? Is it an austerity move to save money? Usually, restaurants work hard to keep off-season year-around customers happy. While what came was delicious and nutrition, I'd've liked to've seen the same amount of little pieces of shrimp and peppers I used to get on the sizzling plate. Wish I had a photo to share, but I was so disappointed I forgot to shoot one.
Receipt says you can get gift cards. I'd like one if you owe me a gift.
Hope to get back here soon. Thank you, Miranda, for making our visit a great experience, not just a great meal. And thank you, Guapos, for being open year around in Orleans on Cape Cod.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Had a great dinner tonight - served by a waitress who brought us half of what we ordered. She was awful. She would have earned a much bigger tip if she had brought us all the food that we ordered. She worked in the bar section and had a blonde ponytail ... hopefully this was just an “off” night for her.

Danna P, Owner at Guapo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hi Cindy, thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your dinner though we're so disappointed that you walked away unhappy with your GUAPO's experience ... we really do want you to leave feeling good! Next time, please do ask for a manager (Eddie, David, Kyle or me) so that we can ensure your experience is representative of our product. In the interim, we'll be sure to share our feedback with our hard-working team so that they are aware of how we failed you and, more importantly, so that we can work together to do better. Please be sure to ask for one of us the next time you're in so we can say hello and thank you in person!

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

The four of us all loved our dishes. Burritos were called terrific. I loved the enchiladas.
We will definitely go back, especially for the guacamole. We were on fun family visit so I was glad the waiter was welcoming and had a sense of humor.

Hey there, Thanks for your kind words! We'll be sure to share with our hardworking team. We so appreciate every dollar that everyone spends with us. If you visit us year-round and you haven't signed up the G-Card yet (our year-round rewards program), make sure you do ... lots of special offers and certificates as a small token of our gratitude (http://www.guaposcapecod.com/gcard/) ... make sure to say hi the next time you're in so we can thank you in person!

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We visit the area for a week or two every June, and Guapos is one of the places we always have dinner at once or twice during our stay.

For us, everything is just good. The service is good. Our food is always good. The prices are reasonable for what you get. The decor is colorful and friendly.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We have had a few bad experiences here involving service and quality of food. The fact that there isn’t really another Mexican restaurant in the area is the only reason we even went back. We drove by today and decided to grab burritos to take home. The only good part of our experience was the friendly bartender (even though she got our order wrong ) We ordered 3 burritos, a side of guacamole and asked if we could get some chips and salsa. I got the bill for $44 paid and went to the car. I then realized there were only 2 burritos. When I went back in she said she thought I had only ordered 2. I asked for the itemized bill. $44 for 2 burritos and a side of guacamole?! Turns out we were charged $4.99 for the salsa.... mind you if we sat and ate there it would have been free. The food is mediocre at best but it doesn’t really matter to me because I will never go back.