All reviews summer camp ping pong front porch no lift the ac unit hotel is newly renovated double queen already planning my return canteen area adjacent building free coffee and tea rent beach chairs and umbrellas tiny house road race seltzer water fun atmosphere porch overlooking the harbor
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I've been to this hotel a couple of times before the renovation, when it was the Wesley hotel. The change is dramatic and a fun atmosphere, being in close proximity to main restaurants and Circuit Ave. The beds and bedding are very comfy, corridors and rooms very clean and helpful staff. The rooms are small so they use creative storage solutions with a closet, dresser, fridge combo. The bathroom could use an extra shelf closer to the sink for toiletries but not critical. Only downside is the noise level... you can hear every footstep above you and sounds next door. Overall, it was a really stay for 4 days!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2018

It is very convenient if you choose to stay in Oak Bluffs as it is an easy walk from the ferry terminal. It is also right across the street from the harbor without any building obstructing your view if you have a harbor facing room. Even if you don't have a harbor view room you can always chill out at the huge front porch and relaxing in one of the big round couch beds there. Overall the place is clean with interesting decoration. There is a game room by the lobby with quite a bit of playthings for the little one, including a Nintendo game console; definitely got a feeling of a nice cool camp.
But honestly if I were to go back to MV I will chose to stay in Edgartown instead. It is more of a charming New England town that I would come to expect when staying in MV.

Room Tip: Book yourself a harbor view room if you can swing it and you do want to stay in Oak Bluffs
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Abbey H, Public Relations Manager at Summercamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

One of the biggest perks of Summercamp is indeed our easily accessible location, as well as the harbor views (they're hard to beat!) and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! It's great to hear that found everything to be clean and comfortable and it sounds like you might have been able to take advantage of the fun game room. It's true that Edgartown and Oak Bluffs offer a bit of a different experience and we would be thrilled to welcome you to any of our Edgartown properties (The Sydney, The Christopher or The Richard) in the future!

Reviewed 13 September 2018

From the first time I walked in to this hotel I was hooked. I make it a point to stay here every summer now. The decor is meant to evoke memories of a children's summer camp, but it doesn't in any way come off as corny for a childless adult (as I am). The rooms are very clean, cozy but functional. The lobby lockers are a very underrated perk for someone like me, who brings beach gear and a cooler to every MV trip. The real gem of this establishment is the front porch which overlooks Lake Anthony/Oak Bluffs Marina. It is the perfect place to sit and chill between spots, to watch the sun set over the water, to meet friends for drinks before dinner, or to keep the night going after the bars close (which is a relatively early 1 AM).

The staff here are polite and accommodating. On our most recent trip, a couple we were with coordinated with the general manager to help facilitate my proposal to my (now) fiancee. The staff went above and beyond to make the occasion perfect, reserving a section of the aforementioned deck under a secret pseudonym, and setting up a table with linens, flowers, and champagne on ice. I could not recommend this hotel more, and I look forward to staying there again next summer.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so call ahead to request a lower floor
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

We are so glad that we get to welcome you back summer after summer and we are so honored that you would choose Summercamp to be the locale for your proposal! Happy to hear that you've enjoyed everything from the decor (that brings back those childhood memories!) to the clean, cozy and functional rooms, and we have to agree that our expansive front porch might just be the best part of all. Love that our staff was able to make your most recent stay everything that it should be - we can't wait to see you both again!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The theme is charming, I do enjoy sitting on the porch, and it’s clean. The non view rooms are just a bit small, and I miss not having a gym. Great location if you are staying in oak bluff. Parking is first come, so ditch the car if possible.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2018

This is such a a delightful place to stay. You can get right off the boat in OB and walk there. You can walk to beaches, restaurants, shops and taxis or the island bus pass right by...also the decor is simple and bright and modern. Perfect amenities such as towels, beach chairs, lockers to store your things when you check out...Love it!

Stayed: August 2018
Abbey H, Public Relations Manager at Summercamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

It sounds like your getaway with us was just what you were hoping for! Love how you describe our updated decor as bright and modern (our hope is to make guests feel totally comfortable and welcomed), found the amenities to perfectly fit the hotel and explored and enjoyed all that our island has to offer. We'd love to see you again for another say!