“Sunday Brunch - Food was great this time, service OK”
Review of Wiggins Tavern

Wiggins Tavern
Ranked #37 of 154 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 42
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We occasionally go to Wiggins Tavern to meet friends from out of town and catch up.
We went yesterday once again. The atmosphere was interesting; on one hand it's really a neat decor and on the other it was really loud. Our whole purpose was to relax and catch up and we had to practically yell to be heard. I have a hearing problem and I can say I didn't hear any of the conversation. However, The food was fantastic! They kept everything fresh on the buffet line. I like the way everything was prepared and the flavor was great. Service was OK but nothing to write home about but it was a buffet so.......
I think next time we will try the upstairs section and see how that works.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We were there for Sunday buffet brunch. My request for a quiet table was fulfilled; normal conversation was easy. Buffet had lots of variety: eggs Benedict, smoked salmon with capers, omelettes to order, salads, hot luncheon entrees, variety of breads/rolls. Includes choice of juice (but none was freshly squeezed) and coffee/tea. Lots of 1700s authentic atmosphere!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Wiggins Tavern has a wonderful New England Inn atmosphere. The food was ok. The filet a bit over cooked as was the stuffed shrimp. But what really made the dinner disappointing was the poor service. Our waiter served a crab cake appetizer without plates. We used bread plates which were never replaced once soiled. We had to make a special request for bread as our waiter ever brought it. My wife requested salad without onions. It came with onions. She requested mashed potatoes with her entree. She got rice. The waiter seemed oblivious and singularly uninterested. It will be a long time before we dine their again.

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank 151juddp
Brian W, Manager at Wiggins Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,
I deeply apologize for your recent dining experience with us, As a member of the management team it is my responsibility to make sure that your time dining with us is a memorable one and favorable one. Rest assured that any feedback whether positive or negative I utilize to make sure these things do not happen again. I hope that you will try us again in the near future so that we can redeem ourselves and not lose a valuable customer. Please feel free to reach out directly to me.
Regards,
Brian W. White

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Had rehearsal dinner here for a wedding a couple of weeks ago and the buffet they laid on was tremendous. They have a back room for those types of functions available which is nice. Food was very good and the service flawless. The bar is also well worth a visit although they only serve bottled beer. The other bar in the hotel has a nice selection of local craft beers on draft so I would highly recommend trying both. The other bar overlooks the street and is good for people watching. Prices are what you would expect for a better grade hotel bar/restaurant

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I oredered a Greek salad with shrimp on it. The shrimp was tender and full of flavor. My husband ordered the meatloaf and said it was full of flavor. We were so full that we spit a piece of lemon cake, We live near by and try to get here a couple of times a year.

Date of visit: August 2017