“Simply the best steaks!”
Review of The Sierra Grille

The Sierra Grille
Ranked #13 of 153 Restaurants in Northampton
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2017

I am a local and this has been my favorite date night restaurant for many years. The steaks are delicious and always perfectly cooked. I have allergies and the waitstaff and kitchen have been amazing. The smashed potatoes and mac and cheese are our favorite sides. The beignets are to die for.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

My friend and I felt comfortable and well-taken care of as soon as we came into the Sierra Grill. The waiter, Douglas, was fun and attentive. Food was great and the wine and beer selection extensive.
Very varied menu with choices to make concerning sauces, etc.
I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Eight of us went to The Sierra Grill to celebrate my sons graduation. The place is very nice, staff friendly. Wasn't impressed with the bar options, even though they just got their liquor license they should have at least a good vodka and rum. They had gin and whiskey or scotch. Anyway, the appetizers were good and the entrees were cooked perfectly. Only issue was the amount of time it took to get our meal, at least 45 minutes from place of order. Waitress was great and we had a terrific time. Just need to work on the bar selection for those who don't like whisky or scotch. Will definitely be back again.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely dinner here. Steaks are good. Wine selection is nice. Good cheese platter. Some local cheeses. Great ambience. Will go back, as I think this is one of the better restaurants in Northampton.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

There's not too much imagination from the kitchen if the customer matches a sauce with an entree. Where's the inherent chef talent in meshing flavors, spices and textures with vegetables, pastas and meats, if you are relying on the customer to do it for you?
I'm turned off by that. Went the other night with a friend only to remember when I saw the menu what their concept was and was disappointed in myself to not remember that from a year ago. Granted the kitchen cooked my friend's protein to her temperature specifications, but ad a sauce of your choice? That's a turnoff for me. I avoided anything that needed a sauce match, so I had a salad and wings; many had no crunchiness to them, rather seemed boiled having a translucency to them, with barely a sauce to cover them. They don't have any kind of blue cheese dressing either, imagine! The service was great, however. They still don't have a stocked bar to make cocktails. Their dessert of 2 chocolate truffles were delicious albeit $4...you get what you pay for. I think I need to keep going to Amherst center to get a creative meal, and I would advise it, if you are a foodie.