“Old-time classic”

Ranked #45 of 150 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 October 2016

Packard's isn't the best place to eat food in Northampton, even though the wings we had were very good. Basic American food, atmosphere is interesting and the bar pretty tight squeezing into. It's a local fun bar with good service and fun time can be had by all.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Let's be honest, the food at Packard's isn't good, unless you absolutely love just frying random items and eating them. But, it's a popular hangout and generally good atmosphere that's a cross between dive and pub. Better to go for drinks and appetizers than a meal. For the price, there are countless better options in Northampton.

1  Thank David P
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Every time I visit my daughter on Amherst, Packards is a must stop. Best Philly cheesesteak sandwich anywhere!!!

1  Thank Tula T
Reviewed 26 August 2016

Over the years I've only been to Packard's to see off a colleague or on a group outing, never for an actual sit down dinner. Don't know why I waited so long! For me, Packard's has always been a place one would just drop into either before or after some other activity, but I have to say that it's now moving to my "primary destination" list. On my last outing there with other couples, everyone who ordered a burger pronounced it to be the best they'd ever had! My selection was of the Bacon-Egg & Cheese Panini was unlike anything I'd ever had before and quite delicious. Certainly Packard's could rest on its laurels after all these years, but I'm happy to note that they've remained "consistently cool" by serving great, innovative food in a casual, relaxing atmosphere. Kudos!

Reviewed 19 May 2016

We were at Smith College for graduation and this is the graduate's favorite restaurant in town. Our waitress was friendly and answered all our questions. Everything we had was delicious...great French onion soup, lobster bisque, reubens, chicken sandwiches, and burgers. We enjoyed it all...including the drinks.

1  Thank artistJoan