“A Large Pub Style Restaurant”

Northampton Brewery
Ranked #12 of 153 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Northampton Brewery brews fine ales and lagers, served with outstanding food by the friendliest staff around. We're conveniently located in downtown Northampton, Massachusetts on Brewster Court (really) smack dab in the middle of all the public parking. Come on in for a delicious meal, snacks and a couple of beers, or just a couple of beers. Whether you're sitting by the warmth of our fireplace on a chilly winter evening, or under the stars on our rooftop beer garden, our comfortable friendly environment will keep you coming back again and again.
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Met here with some friends for lunch. Plenty of parking, Good location easy to find. The place was not pack for lunch on a weekday, but not empty. Place is nice and clean inside. Staff friendly, attentive. Nice beer selection, and the menu was typical pub food. Nice selection of sports to watch.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Came to Northampton on a business trip and so decided to try this place out. We were a group of 6 Canadians.

The place was extremely packed and the waitress seemed like she wanted to be anywhere else but there. Denied us drinks on account of being "foreigners." Of course this was an outrage with our table. One of us went directly to the bar and got a drink with no problem. After that she had no choice but to serve us, albeit with a nasty attitude the rest of the time. Did not make a good impression with the table.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

On the me to dirt and was looking for a burger and something healthy and I hit the jackpot. I had the mountain better that consisted of a large patty cooked to order mushrooms, cheese, bacon and other stuff and was great. Side was baked cauliflower which was very good. To start I had the chili and it was just as I like it think and meaty, too bad I couldn't have a beer would have or I still Wil she there. I'll go back!!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Had not decided to eat here originally but found it while walking by and decided to give it a try! We walked into the main level first and was greeted by a very friendly waitress. The downstairs was a little noisy so we said we would check the upstairs out first before sitting. We found out the deck was closing for the season that night so we decided to stay. Even though they appear to have a male host, he never approached us or asked if we wanted to be seated. So I saw several available High Tops and on the way signaled my intentions to the waitress and was met with nothing but silence. We sat and waited for someone to approach. When Miss Purple Hair finally came by with menus I thought we had broken some unwritten protocol and mentioned this and was met with no reaction just attitude. When she returned again to get a drink order once again I took a stab at pleasant conversation and again nothing. We ordered a tasting and chose an IPA. I was willing to rough it out for dinner but my girlfriend wisely decided that a drink was more than enough. We requested a bill and I even tipped Miss Personality. The Host who I did see seat a couple at one point was also as non-verbal on our departure as when we arrived. I've spent over 30 yrs in the foodservice industry and even if you're having a bad day or night don't take it out on the clientele you're just going to make theirs and yours experience regrettable. We went on to Caminito, had a wonderful experience, great dinner and tipped that Waitress very handsomely. Some of us appreciate good service and show it through our generosity, reviews and return business which Northampton Brewery will not be getting now or in the future!

3  Thank Sasquatch78
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Sat outside upstairs on Columbus Day weekend. Decent beer, food a bit disappointing. Salmon on a plank, with sides of veggies- they weren't hot, but the salmon was ok. Hubby ate hamburger stew, yummy like a liquid Shepards pie. Kind of quite place, but pleasant staff.