“Try the blackened Ribeye”
Review of Eastside Grill

Eastside Grill
Ranked #12 of 149 Restaurants in Northampton
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

We ate in the garden room, which was a little quieter than the lively bar & lower booth area. Our waitress was attentive, but didn't crowd us & accurately surmised when it was time remove the dinner dishes. I love it that she asked permission to clear because one of us had not cleaned their plate.

The fish is fresh & popular. The bushels of clam steamers meant to last the weekend sold out Friday night. We got the last haddock special.

Our waitress recommended the blackened ribeye as we were in a meat mood. It was large, tender & flavorful came with a choice of three sauces--we chose the horse radish & bernaise. She was spot-on!

The duck was a bit over cooked, but the cheddar potato cakes were delicious. With drinks, the dinner came to about $100 a couple, but we didn't have dessert.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

This restaurant is above average, but not soaring. I've eaten at the Eastside many times through the years. There are occasional menu changes, but oftentimes something we loved has been pulled. The food is fresh, served well, but there is really no friendly vibe here. I often feel like I'm imposing on the wait staff. But, they are often crowded and there doesn't seem to be enough staff to handle busy times. But, the meat is tender, the fish well prepared and the desserts are great. The bar is often very busy.

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

My husband and I took his father out for a late Father's Day dinner at Eastside Grill. We had a really nice experience and the food was good. We started with the spicy calamari and the Cajun meatballs. Both were delicious and the fresh bread was a great addition as well. I really enjoyed the salad, especially the house Gorgonzola dressing. For the meals, I had steak tips and scallops, my father in law had a ribeye, and my husband had a battered chicken with a tomato cream sauce. All three were excellent and the portions were large, we all took leftovers home for the next day. I also ordered a side of the crispy cheddar potato cakes and I highly recommend them! Full of flavor and just the right amount of cheese. Overall, a great experience and would likely visit again.

Reviewed 22 June 2015

Set in a great little part of town, the Eastside Grill has a very comfortable and pleasant atmosphere. Our waitress, whom I'm sad that I forgot her name, was very friendly and very funny. She was easy and pleasant to interact with and her timing on everything was perfect. Many servers ask you how your meal is or if you want anything while you have a mouth full of food or they take forever to return to your table when you want to order something additional. She was spot on her timing every time. (We, a young man and woman, went around 8:30pm, 9pm maybe, on Wednesday 6/17 and sat in a corner booth if that helps the manager narrow down who served us.) The food was delicious! I ordered the cheesy grits for a side and for my meal I got the blackened tenderloin tips and scallops. OHMYGOODNESS. It came with this mango ketchup (which isn't ketchup, it's a mango sauce that is the consistency of ketchup) and I swear I could have eaten that with a spoon it was so good. The mashed potatoes were to die for. So rich, creamy and flavorful. My friend was ready to order a whole bowl of those for dessert! He got the Delmonico and was in heaven. He was even raving about his salad and we're meat and potatoes kind of folks. For the quality and deliciousness of the food we ordered, the prices were good. You're not going to find food like that at those prices often. My sea scallops were melt in your mouth delicious. Next time we are in the area, we will visit again.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

Food was excellent, preparation of ingredients really gave the dishes an excellent flavor, not only was the food outstanding the staff was very attentive .Would go here again next time I am in town.