“Great food, great service”
Review of Top Mast Cafe

Top Mast Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in North Truro
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Top Mast Cafe is a bright and cheerful, family-friendly summer cafe in the Beach Point neighborhood of North Truro, MA - just 9 minutes from Provincetown. We serve standard American fare, along with creative daily food and drink specials. There is outdoor dining on our patio, plenty of free parking, and take-out service. Open daily 7-1 for breakfast & Lunch. Friday nights 4-9 for Dinner. We have Coffee, Iced Coffee, Hot Tea, Iced Tea, Espresso, Latte, Cappuccino, Juices and Sodas. Kids menu and activity pages to color.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great food, cooked just like we wanted, Service was great, with Tony as our server, very friendly, attentive, even thought he was the only person serving the dining room he handled it well. Great renovations were done well. It looks great! I would recommend this place, can be a little expensive, but worth it for what you get it.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We came to Truro for a weekend getaway. Just had breakfast at Top Mast & it was DELICIOUS!!! Home made cinnamon roll stole the show!!!! All the staff were super friendly & our server Nancy was great & gave us suggestions of what to do/where to go. We’re going back for breakfast tomorrow!!!

Tony V, General Manager at Top Mast Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

So glad you enjoyed your visit with us. Looking forward to your next trip!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We loved our food, atmosphere, and the staff! The food was delicious and they were accommodating and kind to our two young children! Great spot! Thanks Nancy and staff! We will def be back!

So glad you had a great time with your children at Top Mast Cafe. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Great service. That's where it stops. With tip, it cost $26 for a meal that should have cost $15 tops. At $26, it should have at least had some sort of gourmet element to it. This meal was 2 steps up from McDonald's. Should have been 2 steps up in price. Not super sized price.

The the hotel received a much higher rating from me. I would stay here again. Just not visiting the cafe.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

My wife and I stopped there for breakfast at 8:00 today. After pouring coffee the waitress Nancy said she would be right back for our order. Fifteen minutes later another person stopped to take our order and said it looked like Nancy was busy. I ordered an omelet with mushrooms, onions, linquica sausage and cheddar cheese. The omelet had so little cheese that I could hardly find or taste it. It also only contained a scant amount of ground sausage. I was expecting some nice chunks of sliced sausage. When the waitress came around for a coffee refill she asked my wife if she wanted any and after my wife said no she left without even looking at my empty cup. After a while I was able to get her attention and more coffee. I have been here many times in the past and was always quite satisfied with the service and food. Not so today. It has been over a year since I have been there and perhaps they have gone through some changes.

I am sorry your experience with us was less than expected. Please, ask to see a manager and let us know these things while you are in the restaurant so we can make it right.

Please do come again and allow us to make it right.

We did change to ground linguica from chunks after receiving feedback about the larger sausage pieces not being hot enough in the omelettes.