Outer Reach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Blue Sea Motor Inn(North Truro)
  • Beachfront
Shoreline Motel(North Truro)
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
Kalmar Village(North Truro)
  • Pool
All reviewsdog parkcontinental breakfastprovincetown innp townwalking trailscape codpet friendly roomtwo sinkswater viewplay areaour home away from homebring my dogviews are spectacularreasonable ratesshort drivememorial daycoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The rates were reasonable and you can bring your dog! If the dog-friendly rooms are available. The rooms are dated, but very clean. It was nice to have a coffee maker (they provide coffee and dry cream and sugar), microwave and fridge to use. The person who checked us in was friendly enough and explained a few things. They offer a continental breakfast, which was decent. We didnt get a chance to eat at the restaurant, so I dont have an opinion on it. The grounds are OK...they have HUGE potential. There were workers doing work to it, which was nice and needed. However, one of my favorite things to do on vacation is have morning coffee on the balcony...well one of the workers was trying to talk to me and then he was singing very loud...it was distracting and ruined my relaxing time. They have a few areas for your dog to do their business and bags to pick up their mess. They filled in the pool to make a nice dog park, that is all fenced in and in nice condition. However, with all the land they have I think they could have kept the pool and made the dog park also. I kinda was missing a pool. The drive to P-Town is very quick, enjoyable and scenic! P-Town has a bunch of restaurants that will let you have your dog at dinner. Its a very dog-friendly town, which was nice too. There is also another dog park within a mile or 2 away, that is awesome, very clean and well maintained. One last tip...BRING YOUR BUG SPRAY! I wish we knew...I should have read the reviews more carefully. It was awful, we were eatin alive.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

When you head towards Provincetown on Rte. 6 you pass the Outer Reach Resort - up a little rise on the right - and while we always passed by, we said, "We need to stay here sometime." Well, this month we did just that on June 9 & 10, and were were not disappointed. The weather was absolutely georgeous, and the view from our deck helped make the whole experience worthwhile.

The Outer Reach is a motel with very basic accomadations, but the location atop a small hill in North Truro provide something else no other place does: a goergeous view of P'town Harbour, P'town, and the sand dunes off towards Race Point. We got a no-smoking room with a deck and a view, and this made for lovely late afternoons deciding where to go for dinner. Our deck - room 31 - got the sun almost all day long, and it provided a wonderful sunset view over Race Point.

All rooms have Wi-Fi, and the speed was very, very good. The resort does not have a restaurant, but they do provide a buffet breakfast each morning. Adrian's restaurant is co-located with the office, so that is handy for a wonderful Sunday Brunch and dinner, without leaving the property.

The Outer Reach Resort is in North Truro, about midpoint between Wellfleet and P'town, so there are numerous dining options within a short drive. The price is right, and view is wonderful. The next time there I would look for room 30, which is on the end of the building, where the wrap around deck gets the sun from morning to evening.

BTW - The Outer Reach Resort is pet friendly, especially to dogs.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Have stayed here for many years and always enjoy it. Considering it is an older motel, I recognize that and don't expect much because of that. Prices are reasonable and between being in the midde of P-town and Wellfleet, it suits me fine. I am there to enjoy the beaches, not elaborate hotel rooms as I am hardly ever in them. Always found them to be clean and never had any experiences with ticks!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny and overlook the ocean--very peaceful and serene!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We choose this hotel because it was dog friendly and this site and the site we booked thru stated it had a pool which it does NOT. In all fairness, the hotel's website does not state that it has a pool and shame on me for not checking it and relying on other sites for accurate information. Check-in was ok, not super welcoming and friendly. Our room was still being cleaned when we arrived at 3. The woman cleaning our room was very nice and the room was wicked clean. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness and size of the room. It was great having the mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. The deck was definitely worth the extra $10. Don't forget your bug spray, mosquitoes galore. The continental breakfast is ok, coffee was good. The Danishes were definitely the frozen kind and not great so we had bagels. We will definitely stay here again, for the money, cleanliness and dog friendliness. I just wish they didn't fill in their pool to make a dog park.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank u2daisyblue
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Not too many choices for pet friendly hotels that are reasonably priced in this area. So, till we hit the lotto, here's where we stay :) Really, it's pretty nice. You have a clean room, with a GREAT view of the tip of the cape and your 4 legged friend too. We've been coming here for 15 years and have always been happy with our stay. Just booked for another long summer weekend. Can't wait!

Room Tip: It's worth it to have a deck where you can sit out!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple