New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in North Dartmouth
Lynn, Massachusetts, United States
“Good Night's Sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

The 3 things I really care about when I get a hotel are quiet, shaded windows and a clean room. The Residence in New Bedford did these 3 things very well. Pitch black room so I could sleep late. Spotless carpet and bathroom. And very quiet. Although I didn't get to use the pool, I wished I had time to. The staff was very friendly and breakfast was ok, not great. I'd definitely stay here again. A rare, great find for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adam G
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Hello Adam G,
Thank you so much for your great comment regarding our hotel. I am thrilled we were able to meet your expectation during your recent visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Warmest Regards,
Monica G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Scotrun, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

My husband and I, along with our two teenage children and our dog, stayed in a two bedroom suite on the third floor. It was outstanding. The suite had two bedrooms; a queen bed in our room, two double beds in the second bedroom and two full baths. The suite was spacious with three flat screen TVs. It was clean and the decor was up to date, colorful and modern. It was unbelievably quiet given that it's right off the highway. Honestly, you'd never know the highway was there. They had everything you could want for breakfast; scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, waffles, a variety of toast, bagels and muffins, coffee, juice, yogurt, fresh fruit...it was wonderful! The gentleman running the breakfast buffet and dining area was very attentive. The staff was polite and friendly. We've stayed in a lot of hotels; this one was a great experience and value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Hello Culligan NY,
It sounds like you had a wonderful time at our hotel and I would like to express my thanks for your wonderful recommendation. I will be sure to share your comments with Isac our kitchen manager and the rest of our team. We look forward to your next visit!
Warm regards, Monica G
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Right off Rte. 195 in North Dartmouth, this Residence Inn was very nice. We stayed on the 3rd floor, very quiet considering it is next to the highway.
Two room suite with two flat-screen TV’s.

The breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage hash, potato pancakes, Canadian bacon, and make-it-yourself waffles. The food was hot and plentiful. Two staff members worked the dining room. They were very friendly and helpful. Usually the staff members just put the food out but these two ladies made sure our table was uncluttered.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thank you Sandy 1954 for your great comment. We love hearing about how our staff members exceeded our guest expectations . Karen and Gloria obviously shinned during your brief visit. We hope that if you are in the area again, we can be your home away from home.
Warmest Regards,
Monica
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed in one of their studio partments which was very spacious with an large en-suite bathroom area, kitchenette, and dining/living area with work desk. WIFI is free. The only negatives are: no on-demand movies and the living room couch and chair are incredibly uncomfortable. Also, if you have a choice, ask for a 3rd floor room. I was on the 2nd floor and a herd of elephants was above me!

There is a free breakfast with the room and it includes hot options such as waffles, eggs, and bacon in addition to the usual cereal and bread. There is a very pleasant dining area with a gas fireplace where you can eat breakfast.

In addition, there is a small but very clean pool with whirlpool that I had all to myself on a Monday evening.

The hotel is convenient to UMass Dartmouth and New Bedford, but the area close to the hotel is pretty uninspiring - lots of malls, many of which are down on their luck. However, right next door to the hotel is a 99 Restaurant which has a surprisingly decent menu including several delicious options for the calorie conscious traveller.

Overall, I had a very pleasant one-night stay at the hotel and the staff were all incredibly nice. All the chambermaids who I encountered were just lovely and the room was spotless.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. One of my favorite parts of my job is sharing positive experiences with our staff members and it truly inspires the team to continue to deliver excellent service! We hope that you come back and visit us again real soon!
Springfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The rooms at this hotel are very spacious. It is located near attractions (we came for a hockey tournament at the Hetland Arena about 2 miles away) including some decent beaches, and is a good value for the product. The staff is very helpful and the breakfast buffet had a number of choices. It is also located within walking distance of a couple of decent restaurant offerings and is easy on/off the highway. The rooms are clean and the flat screen TVs are state of the art.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortInn70, General Manager at Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. One of my favorite parts of my job is sharing positive experiences with our staff members and it truly inspires the team to deliver excellent service! We hope that you and your family come back and visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Dartmouth
2.6 km away
Dartmouth Motor Inn
Dartmouth Motor Inn
#4 of 5 in North Dartmouth

Been to Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK