I stayed at Porches for 2 nights in February, while visiting Mass MoCA. This establishment is to be applauded for its brilliant re-design of former industrial row houses, across the river from the old electrical factory that is now Mass MoCA. The design is fun and designed for comfort. Everything seems very spare and clean. There are nostalgic design features everywhere, vintage signs, artwork, vintage colours. The shower and bed are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was really good...homemade granola, hard boiled eggs, healthy bread, good coffee..all included. There is even an outdoor heated pool. In the summer, I imagine it would be really cool to sit in one of the rockers on the porch. The only downside is that it feels a bit too much...in that seems to be trying so hard to market its brand..like, almost too cool for school. I didn't find the receptionist at all down home...more cold and corporate brand-like in her attitude. There is a casual bar in the lounge, but there was no attempt to be friendly. On a cold night the fire wasn't lit, as if they couldn't be bothered. Also, my room was near the building entryway and I could hear the door open and close all night long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Porches Inn consists of seven renovated Victorian-era buildings that originally provided housing for the area’s mill workers. Located across the street from MASS MoCA, Porches’ guest rooms and public spaces employ a clever synthesis of retro and contemporary designs. The inn’s 47 rooms and suites are fully wired, offering free WiFi, BluRay/DVD players and complimentary DVDs. Porches' healthful continental breakfast is included in the room rate and may be eaten in the Breakfast Room, on the porch (weather permitting) or delivered to your room in the inn's signature metal lunchbox. The inn features a year-round heated outdoor pool, hot tub, sauna, bonfire pit, fitness room and meeting rooms for retreats and special events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and TravelClick so you can book your The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Porches Inn At Mass Moca Hotel North Adams
- Porches Hotel North Adams
- Porches North Adams
- The Porches Inn At MASS MoCA North Adams, MA - Berkshires