“My Favorite Sushi Place”

Sapporo Japanese & Korean Restaurant
Ranked #117 of 263 Restaurants in Newton
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 28 May 2015

Sapporo is my favorite sushi restaurant and I keep coming back even though it's not as conveniently located to my apartment as other places are. I'm moving out of Boston in a week and am making it a priority to come back to Sapporo at least once before I go (but will probably be there at least twice). The atmosphere is nothing fancy, but it's a very clean place - the service is excellent and there is a huge focus on serving fresh, delicious sushi which they definitely do. I love the owner and Winnie - one of the waitresses. They're always so friendly and have come to recognize me and my family since we're there so often. Sapporo is great for takeout too. My favorite things to order (and what I usually get every time) are the Patron Maki with Salmon (although it is also good with tuna), a Spicy Tuna Roll, edamame, and their Volcano Roll. There are also non-sushi items on the menu. Sapporo is consistently excellent and I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

My family of diverse eaters all have favorite dishes at Sapporo. All the Korean dishes we have tried have been delicious! The sushi is also good. We eat here at least 1x /month and would be very sad to lose this place should it ever close.My son the picky eater loves the Chicken Katsu.The service and staff are very nice and work very hard to get everything just right.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

This restaurant is a bit of a secret locally, so it is always possible
to be seated without a reservation, and it is never crowded or
noisy. The staff is friendly and the food very good and very
reasonably priced.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Three stars overall, four stars for reliability. It's a quiet spot some nights (used to be much buzzier), but the service is consistently warm and the food is always value as promised.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have been going to Sapporo for years and have always enjoyed the experience. The food is fresh and delicious. It is a casual place, but extremely clean, and there is a warm and friendly vibe emanating from the owner who is there most of the time. The staff is also friendly and efficient. Good for both take-out and eat-in.

1  Thank Carol C