“The real deal”

Ranked #9 of 273 Restaurants in Newton
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I've been a regular since they opened. These guys went to North Carolina and brought what they learned back. Other than occasional sub-par country ribs, apparently due to a supplier problem, I've never been disappointed. And they are always trying new things. But their old stand-by burnt ends are the best; if I serve Blue Ribbon to guests - they are always the first to go.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Went there to grab some BBQ as a gift to myself and as always LOVE the place. Between the Pulled Pork, Ribs, beans, coleslaw and cornbread I was in BBQ heaven!

Reviewed 2 March 2012

We have been going to Blue Ribbon for years, primarily for party food. Our favorite is Pulled Pork, smokey and delicious, particularly with the gold sauce. If you are ordering a quantity they can pack it so that you just warm it up before serving.
Experiment with other items to find your favorites!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Great food! Great price! Thats nice! You will not leave here hungry. Parking across the street.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Blue Ribbon is the best place in Boston for BBQ. Now the Newton location has no real seating, just bar-type seating, so plan accordingly. The food is always delicious. It is a North Carolina style BBQ, so it is a more tangy, than sweet. My favorite is a beef brisket open-face sandwich, which is always moist and tasty. Most of the selections come with two sides which you can choose from a list of side dishes. They have great corn bread here (hint,hint). I like Blue Ribbon enough, that I catered a party with them, and again, I was not disappointed, nor were my guests. Also, the prices are very reasonable for all the food you get.