All reviews newton highlands the penthouse homemade granola other guests bed and breakfast boston area third floor home away from home garden suite screened in porch off street parking minute walk crystal lake irish pub floor suite lovely home private bath
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We have stayed in every room in the house over multiple visits during the past 14 months in this charming, well kept family home. While my personal preference the the first floor Garden Suite offering a King sized bed and private bath with both a shower and walk-in tub, all rooms are comfortable and offer a number of amenities (mini-fridge, coffee maker, hair dryers etc). And coffee is available throughout the day. I couldn't ask more from the location--just a three minute walk to the public transit trolly line that can put me all the way into downtown in about a half an hour. Claudia is a most generous host who goes out of her way to accommodate individual needs. She offers a continental breakfast with a wide variety of offerings that is more than ample to start the day. This is a great place to stay!

Room tip: Garden Suite--Private bath and lovely private screened porch
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2018

My wife and I had a great stay here in the "king suite". Location is ideal, close to shops and the T (and my relatives we were visiting!). Everything was clean and comfortable, and hosts were accommodating and fun to talk to -- and we had a nice breakfast meeting the other guests as well. We will definitely stay here again when we head back to Newton.

Room tip: King Suite has a nice private bath and plenty of space; we did not see other rooms.
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Claudia J, Owner at A Village B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

So great to have you and hope for many more happy occasions that bring you back to Newton!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I stayed at this charming bed and breakfast when I was visiting some friends. This was my second visit to Newton and to this inn. Last time I stayed at Katie’s room. This time I decided to stay in the suite downstairs as I had two suitcases and didn’t want to take them upstairs. What a spacious room ,bathroom and terrace. Claudia, the owner was out of town. As she had communicated to me before, Philip and Fernando were managing the inn during her absence. Philip and Fernando were the most gracious hosts. They made breakfast everyday. On occasion of a snowstorm, they kindly invited all the guests to have lunch and dinner with them. They made soup for lunch and a delicious chicken for dinner. It was very kind of them to offer and to include me. They were available to answer all questions regarding Boston. Fernando helped me with my suitcases, ah such a gentleman. They were truly special and made my stay enjoyable. I wish I could have stayed longer as I wanted to explore the surrounding area which is quaint and beautiful. The snow was so beautiful. The inn looked so picture perfect in the snow. I felt Christmas in March. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I was very happy and comfortable. I wish I could have stayed longer. Claudia responded to my emails promptly even when she was out of town. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Room tip: can’t go wrong with any of the rooms.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Claudia J, Owner at A Village B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Fariba,
I am so glad your stay worked out so well and always glad to have such a gracious guest. Hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Village Bed and Breakfast is a charming, clean, comfortable place to stay. I have stayed in practically all the rooms available at one time or another, and am currently staying in the penthouse suite. The beds are extremely comfortable. The atmosphere is New England charm at its best. A "T" stop (surface transport) is a block away. Village B&B is located in Newton Highlands, MA, a village of the city of Newton, that has high quality restaurants (American, Chinese, Middle Eastern), cafes, and shops. Charm, yet equipped with reliable Wifi and flat-screen TVs. Plenty of room for off-street parking. The hostess is warm and welcoming. I especially like how she goes out of her way to provide a tasty breakfast, with muffins, fruit, nuts, and a variety of cereals. There are nice touches, such as candies provided in each room and the provision of cards on which value can be stored for public transportation (known as "Charlie" Cards). My experience at Village B and B has been outstanding.
There is a question below asking whether the hotel has kitchenettes. There is penthouse suite that has a kitchenette.

Room tip: Penthouse is like a one room apartment with a galley kitchen, including refrigerator. Emily's room is especially quiet.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Claudia J, Owner at A Village B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you so much for a comprehensive review that provides needed information for other travelers who might have questions about the area and the experience of staying outside Boston.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We were in Newton to help a relative get a house ready for sale. This was the second time we'd stayed at the Village B&B. It was five tough days with stress, difficult emotions and hard physical work. Thankfully, Claudia and her B&B was ours home-away-from-home - a great way to destress and regroup. She's a great hostess, makes you feel welcome always and does great breakfast. Pretty comfy bed, too. Thank you, thank you, Claudia. See you again soon.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Claudia J, Owner at A Village B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Thanks Nancy, I sure hope I do get to see you again soon--perhaps when you don't ahve to do so much work!