All reviews great location continental breakfast the main street jacuzzi tub standard room bagels restaurants and shops rewards program in town keurig machine off street parking full kitchen air conditioner park your car enjoyed our stay half block new england
Reviewed 16 August 2015

We have been staying at the Inn for many years. We always request our favorite room! We love the location. You can walk to all the shops and the great restaurants! The staff is attentive. The only suggestion we could make, in light of the restrictive on street parking rules, is that each room is given a parking permit. It would insure that only guests are using the parking lot.

Date of stay: August 2015
1  Thank Jacqueline Y C
Kathy R, Events and Business Administration Manager at Essex Street Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

We thank this guest for their recent stay and taking the time to post this review. Unfortunately parking can tend to be an issue. This is why we try to be strict in our policy that only 1 vehicle be on site per guest room. There is a 2 hour limit day parking on the street and also municipal lots with in walking distance from the Inn.

Events and Business Administration Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2015

I have been going to Essex Street Inn since 2010.
It was then a smooth running Inn and still continues to be. The Staff very friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the area. The accommodations are clean, cozy and offer uniqueness in each room. The Inn offers a better than continental breakfast and fresh coffee offered all day long. Staying there for me is a relaxing, fun and enjoyable stay. Just park your car and one can walk to all the restaurants and shops and enjoy the enchantment of the town and its waterfront and marina!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Kathy R, Events and Business Manager at Essex Street Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

We would like to thank this guest for their recent stay and taking the time to post this review.
We take great pride in our Inn and thank them for recognizing this.

We feel that our location is in a prime area and is a great selling point to our guests.

We hope to see this guest again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2015

I recently stayed at the Inn for three nights on a business trip. The room wasn't anything fancy, but the basics were covered. There were a few small cobwebs on the ceiling in the corners, but in general I found it to be pretty clean. The most important things- bed, carpet and bathrooms, were fine. The bed was amazingly comfortable, I slept great the whole trip. It also had a ceiling fan, which helps with some white noise - though I never really heard other guests. I took advantage of the continental breakfast on two mornings, I thought the baked goods from a local bakery were very good. I tried a scone and some apple nut bread. Parking behind the buildings is tight, but the location can't be beat. It is right in downtown Newburyport, easy walking to some great restaurants, local shops, the waterfront, and a few blocks from Starbucks. I would stay again if I was in the area based on the great location, cost and super comfortable beds. Nice stay!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank awilgor
Kathy R, Events and Business Manager at Essex Street Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Thank you to this guest for their recent stay and taking the time to post this review. We are glad that even though they were here on a business trip that they had a chance to enjoy some leisure time.

We are happy to hear that they enjoyed our continental breakfast and our new bakery products that we have been offering from a local bakery for only a few weeks now.

We hope to see you again soon,

Events and Business Administration Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2015

We love the Essex Street! We've gone many times and always get great service. Love the rooms, the hot tubs the close distance to the main street. always a plus. My only wish is that they had some sort of rewards program for multiple stays. we go alot and it'd be nice to be rewarded for that.

Date of stay: May 2015
1  Thank p_layne17

We do have a Rewards Program called Royalty Rewards. It does offer points toward discount coupons with us and can also be used at our sister properties in Northern New Hampshire.

For more information about this program. Feel free to view our website or by calling the Inn and we will be more than happy to send this guest an application.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

My family was vacationing in a house on Plum Island and my husband and I decided to get our own space for a couple nights. The Inn was perfectly adorable and you can't beat the location. It isn't new or resort-like but in a good way. I loved the nautical theme and fireplace. The breakfast was great too! The shower was a bit...rustic but the jetted jacuzzi tub was new and nice! We'll be back!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We are happy to hear that they found their accommodations and the location to their satisfaction and welcome them to return again in the future.