Compass Rose Inn(Newburyport)
Hampton.com
HIExpress.com
Seabrook Inn(Seabrook)
US$ 130
All reviewsthe main streetgreat locationgas fireplacejacuzzi tubstandard roombagelsrestaurants and shopsin towncontinental breakfast isair conditionerenjoyed our staynew englandcan't beat the locationpark your carfirst floorstreet parkingqueen bed
Reviewed 6 August 2015

I recently stayed at the Inn for three nights on a business trip. The room wasn't anything fancy, but the basics were covered. There were a few small cobwebs on the ceiling in the corners, but in general I found it to be pretty clean. The most important things- bed, carpet and bathrooms, were fine. The bed was amazingly comfortable, I slept great the whole trip. It also had a ceiling fan, which helps with some white noise - though I never really heard other guests. I took advantage of the continental breakfast on two mornings, I thought the baked goods from a local bakery were very good. I tried a scone and some apple nut bread. Parking behind the buildings is tight, but the location can't be beat. It is right in downtown Newburyport, easy walking to some great restaurants, local shops, the waterfront, and a few blocks from Starbucks. I would stay again if I was in the area based on the great location, cost and super comfortable beds. Nice stay!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank awilgor
Kathy R, Events and Business Manager at Essex Street Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Thank you to this guest for their recent stay and taking the time to post this review. We are glad that even though they were here on a business trip that they had a chance to enjoy some leisure time.

We are happy to hear that they enjoyed our continental breakfast and our new bakery products that we have been offering from a local bakery for only a few weeks now.

We hope to see you again soon,

Events and Business Administration Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2015

We love the Essex Street! We've gone many times and always get great service. Love the rooms, the hot tubs the close distance to the main street. always a plus. My only wish is that they had some sort of rewards program for multiple stays. we go alot and it'd be nice to be rewarded for that.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank p_layne17

We do have a Rewards Program called Royalty Rewards. It does offer points toward discount coupons with us and can also be used at our sister properties in Northern New Hampshire.

For more information about this program. Feel free to view our website or by calling the Inn and we will be more than happy to send this guest an application.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

My family was vacationing in a house on Plum Island and my husband and I decided to get our own space for a couple nights. The Inn was perfectly adorable and you can't beat the location. It isn't new or resort-like but in a good way. I loved the nautical theme and fireplace. The breakfast was great too! The shower was a bit...rustic but the jetted jacuzzi tub was new and nice! We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

We are happy to hear that they found their accommodations and the location to their satisfaction and welcome them to return again in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

After spending many days in New England in charming inns Essex street reminded me of a room that a sailor would rent. Bed, table, TV. There is a sign in the bathroom that says use dark washcloth to remove makeup. They supplied one, so I am assuming if you were with a group of women you would all use the same one???

We were met at the door by a young lady who was very pleasant, but said--glad you are here. I am off in 10 minutes, my replacement just called out and I can't have any overtime. Gosh, would the doors have been locked? Would we be turned away?

No evidence of a hands on owner. Not worthy of a picture.

Stayed: August 2015
Kathy R, Events and Business Manager at Essex Street Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

We do appreciate their honesty and apologize for their dissatisfactions they wrote about.

We were unfortunately short handed on this day and I was the manager on call and after finding out our evening employee called out was immediately on my way to replace her on this particular evening.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

We enjoyed our stay and loved the 2 story layout. Lots of room and a nice roof top deck. The kitchen was very nice, however calling this a full kitchen was a bit of a stretch. The suite did sleep 4, and we would have expected to have 4 plates, 4 wine glasses etc. The kitchen was very minimaly equipped. The bathrooms were modern and very clean. We were told that there were views of the water from the rooftop deck. That may be true in the winter, but there were certainly no views in the summer. The decor was a bit tired, however, that is what I would expect in a B&B. What I didn't expect was the breakfast. I was envisioning homemade baked goods, not purchased bagels, cereals and muffins. The location of this inn was excellent. We spent a lot of time walking the city, window shopping, and admiring the architecture. We would stay here again, but may have to opt for a less expensive room. There were about 25 parking spaces for 38 hotel rooms, but for the most part, we were able to find a space with no problem.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite was spacious but also expenseive.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Karenkinm
Kathy R, Guest Relations Manager at Essex Street Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

We thank this guest for their recent stay and taking the time to post this review.
We apologize that they were misinformed about a waterview from the rooftop deck. The view from the desk does consist of beautiful historic roof tops, and on a clear day you can see North East to over the beautiful Route 1 Bridge and at night the city lights and bridge are breathtaking.

In regards to a full kitchen, it does have a full size refrigerator, stove and microwave. While we do not have many cooking utensils and cookware we do have the basics.
We do offer a continental style breakfast in our main building from 7:30am-10:30am. This does consist of muffins, bagels, fresh fruit yogurt, Etc. We have just added to our list of breakfast items fresh baked goods from a local bakery delivered fresh.

SIncerely,