All reviews great location continental breakfast the main street jacuzzi tub standard room bagels restaurants and shops rewards program in town keurig machine off street parking full kitchen air conditioner park your car enjoyed our stay half block new england
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We enjoyed our stay and loved the 2 story layout. Lots of room and a nice roof top deck. The kitchen was very nice, however calling this a full kitchen was a bit of a stretch. The suite did sleep 4, and we would have expected to have 4 plates, 4 wine glasses etc. The kitchen was very minimaly equipped. The bathrooms were modern and very clean. We were told that there were views of the water from the rooftop deck. That may be true in the winter, but there were certainly no views in the summer. The decor was a bit tired, however, that is what I would expect in a B&B. What I didn't expect was the breakfast. I was envisioning homemade baked goods, not purchased bagels, cereals and muffins. The location of this inn was excellent. We spent a lot of time walking the city, window shopping, and admiring the architecture. We would stay here again, but may have to opt for a less expensive room. There were about 25 parking spaces for 38 hotel rooms, but for the most part, we were able to find a space with no problem.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite was spacious but also expenseive.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Karenkinm
Kathy R, Guest Relations Manager at Essex Street Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2015

We thank this guest for their recent stay and taking the time to post this review.
We apologize that they were misinformed about a waterview from the rooftop deck. The view from the desk does consist of beautiful historic roof tops, and on a clear day you can see North East to over the beautiful Route 1 Bridge and at night the city lights and bridge are breathtaking.

In regards to a full kitchen, it does have a full size refrigerator, stove and microwave. While we do not have many cooking utensils and cookware we do have the basics.
We do offer a continental style breakfast in our main building from 7:30am-10:30am. This does consist of muffins, bagels, fresh fruit yogurt, Etc. We have just added to our list of breakfast items fresh baked goods from a local bakery delivered fresh.

SIncerely,

Reviewed 28 July 2015

I have been to the Essex St inn several times. I love it there, very quaint inn. I go back every chance I get. They strive to keep there guests happy and anything they can to to accommodate you they will:). This year upon my return they had improved their complementary breakfast area. This trip was with a friend. I'm going back with family this week and then two more weeks returning with some friends that have never been. Not only is this inn a cute place it is in a most convenient location :)

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Kathy R, Events and Business Manager at Essex Street Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2015

Thank you to this guest for their recent stay and taking the time to post this review.
We are happy to hear that they found their accommodations and our location to their satisfaction.
We look forward to having them return again in the future.

Essex Street Inn

Reviewed 21 July 2015

My fiance and I were in town for a wedding and loved our experience. The Essex Street Inn is perfectly located in center of Newburyport. The staff were wonderful, the room was comfortable and charming. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Kathy R, Events and Business Manager at Essex Street Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

We are glad they enjoyed their stay while in town attending their friend's wedding and do hope that they visit us again in the future.

Best,
Events and Business Administration Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

I grew up in Newburyport and always assumed the Essex Street Inn was a historic, charming B & B. I stayed there for a night while visiting friends. We got a room on the first floor front of a side building. The room had a terrible musty oder like a basement with mildew. I asked to be moved to another room but they were sold out. The decor was very tired and the carpet looked to be very very old. The whole Inn could use refreshing. Even the main building and entrance weren't welcoming. I travel extensively for work so I feel that I have a valid perspective. The location was great but other Han hat, I would rather stay elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bostongirl34

We would like to thank this guest for their recent stay and taking the time to post this review.
We are sorry that they felt our Inn was in need refreshing. We do our best to stay on top on repairs and upgrades as needed with most of our extensive work done in the winter months.

We are not sure when this guest stayed, but we were until mid June putting the final touches on our new breakfast area that is in the lobby area.

We are also in the process of cleaning the carpets in each of our guest rooms and apologize that at the time of this guests stay we were unable to move them to more satisfactory accommodations for the evening.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

I would stay here again. My room was very comfortable; the staff was friendly; and the inn is right in the center of Newburyport. Nothing out of the ordinary, but good, well-located, and affordable, with parking, wifi, and breakfast included

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank April L

Thank you to this guest for their recent stay and taking the time to write this review.
We also feel that one of our best features is being right in the middle to downtown Historic Newburyport.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,