All reviewsmade to order breakfastexposed brickcorner roomcomplimentary breakfastmy husband and itea servicewithin walking distancegrand parkhistoric buildingcookiesnew englanddowntown newburyportroom was largecaviarfree parkinga wonderful staymodern amenities
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I escaped to the Garrison Inn based on a friends reccomendation. We found the hotel staff to be the perfect hosts. We were truly amazed by the room...we stayed in the Paris Apartment. We have been married for 23 years and I can honestly say that there was something special about this stay and we will return again and again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jim L
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Several times each year -- to celebrate special occasions -- I stay at the The Garrison Inn. Recently, I spent a magnificent weekend at this charming boutique hotel. The accommodating staff, the luxurious rooms and the quaint atmosphere make The Garrison Inn my hotel of choice. After my weekend stay at The Garrison Inn, I coincidentally spent the next weekend in Newport, RI to visit friends. Unfortunately, The Garrison Inn spoiled me rotten. On every count -- the staff, the service, the room, the atmosphere of my so-called "first class hotel" in Newport -- was greatly inferior to what I have experienced and grown to expect at The Garrison Inn. These two weekends provided a stark comparison -- a vivid case study -- in the key variables associated with the hospitality industry. The people at The Garrison Inn -- from the time you make your reservation to the moment your leave -- make a genuine and tireless effort to accommodate you. To gain a proper understanding of how a superior hotel is managed, staffed and operated -- stay at The Garrison Inn. Case closed!

Room Tip: Select a corner suite on the top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank james r
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed in a number of Newburyport inns over the years, but once we found the Garrison we made it our one and only lodging. The staff is welcoming and the location perfect: within easy walking distance of the port’s great restaurants, shops, and river walk, yet enough outside the hubbub to ensure a quiet night and offer on-site parking. The rooms are cozy and comfortable, outfitted with all the usual amenities yet each one unique in layout, furnishings and décor. There’s a complimentary full breakfast served in the quaint first-floor dining area and a full pub-style restaurant in the lower level if you don’t feel like venturing out for dinner or just want a nightcap before bed. We’re already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Marcia C
Reviewed 20 April 2012

While visiting prep schools with my son this past year we had the opportunity to stay at the Garrison Inn on several occasions . The Garrison does it right . The staff is pleasant and courteous from the moment you arrive until it's time to leave . The is hotel situated in the town of Newburyport and the location could not be more convenient . Just outside your door are shops , restaurants and activities galore ! The rooms are very spacious and comfortable and the price is right . We'll be heading back in the fall for another visit . "The Garrison Inn...The Place to Stay "

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank pwb10
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Great location steps from all the restaurants,shops and waterfront in downtown Newburyport.
Beautiful room lovely furnished love seat, vanity fireplace and more .High ceilings, spacious room king size bed large flat screen tv.
Loved the friendly staff and complimentary breakfast in a cozy setting. Pet friendly and dog walking services i seen as well

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family