“Very solid Korean lunch place”
Review of DAH Mee

DAH Mee
Ranked #21 of 136 Restaurants in Natick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2017

I realize they sell sushi and Thai stuff, but the place is basically Korean. Their sushi is like everyone else's: frozen fish, second-rate rice, weird sauces to cover it up. The Thai I haven't had, so I won't comment. But the Korean food is solid.

This is a place for lunch, basically. The menu is kind of limited, and a little pricey for what it is (that's why they sell sushi, where you can make a fortune). But the chap chae, the kimchi and soondobu jigae--these are really rather good, and demonstrate just who's actually cooking back there.

The special lunchbox menu includes a nice "bulgogi rice" thing. It's basically a little pile of quick-cooked bulgogi, and then scattered through the rest of the box some rice, a little fake-o makizushi, some pickle, some kimchi, a couple nice fried fish balls, and some salad. An excellent lunch, to be honest, and at a fair price. Or just get one of the Korean entrees and skip any sides or appetizers.

It's nothing too great, frankly, but it's solid, clean, attentive, and (for the Korean food anyway) quite tasty.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

stopped by for dinner before an event at TCAN. We shared 3 items:

1) Seafood Pan Jun: imagine a scallion pancake, but loaded with squid, shrimp and scallops, and instead of the fried doughy pancake, a soft, eggy pancake

2) Ok Dol Bi Bim Bab with chicken: worth it just for the crispy rice caked on the hot pot, but all was good

3) Large Flat Crazy Noodles (Chow fun?) with seafood. Loaded with the same three items as #1 above, warning on the menu that it's spicy and that is true. But also quite good!

Service was attentive, water glasses kept full, prices reasonable, place was quite busy on a Thursday!

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Been going here as long as I can remember. The food has always been tasty. The service is a bit rushed and borders on rude. This is the price you pay for the good food... I guess.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

This place is just outside the gate of the Soldier Center. I ordered the Bulgogi Box lunch with spicy pork. My tray came out with spicy pork as the main dish. Good cuts of pork, no fatty pieces. It came with a bowl of miso soup and also had a couple dumplings and some California sushi rolls, some Pad Thai, salad and some sticky rice. So usually mixed Asian restaurants have average dishes and don't specialize, but the Pad Thai was light with a strong flavor and the spicy pork was as good as any Korean restaurant I've ever eaten at. Great lunch!

1  Thank Troy H
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

My mom, sister and I love Dah Mee! Whenever it's just the three of us we make a date of going to Dah Mee- we love the edamame, crab rangoon, pad thai, sushi, salad with peanut sauce, and especially the mochi! I've lived in Natick my whole life, and it's one of my favorite places to eat

1  Thank tgarry376