“Not something you want to see when you return to your room!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Not something you want to see when you return to your room!”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is one of the smaller Embassy Suites I have stayed in - room was clean so I guess you can't ask for much more than that - convenient to highways, shopping. The Front Desk Clerk was helpful even though I had to ask twice where the elevator was.

My biggest problem was returning back to my room and finding the door WIDE OPEN. Thank Goodness no one was in the room. I called the Front Desk and quite honestly they acted like what is the big deal? The response I got was "We'll call Housekeeping" and that was it. I never heard back. That's not very good customer service and not sure I would stay here again with that kind of response!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BusTrav106
BOSMAES, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear BusTrav106,
While I will be reaching out personally, let me assure you that the safety and security of our guests and their belongings are of utmost importance. Finding your door open upon your return is unacceptable as was the response and follow up from guest services. This is certainly not our standard.
We appreciate your positive remarks as well and with your additional insight we will investigate further to insure the policies and procedures we have in place are always adhered to.

David LeTellier
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I always enjoy staying at this property - its one of thebest Embassy Suites that I frequent.
I usually meet my local client for dinner at the Longhorn which is within easy walking distance so that's a huge plus for me as well.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hiflya
Dear Hiflya,
Thank you for your comments and we are glad to be one of your favorites. It is all about convenience and our location is one of the points of differentiation when looking at hotels in our area. In addition to Corcoran's, our own full service restaurant and lounge, we are literally steps away from a dozen options immediately behind the hotel providing safe and easy access.

We will look forward to your return on your next business trip to Marlborough.

With regards,
Roselle Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This hotel was very nice starting with its' hospitality to the free breakfast with ready made omelettes! I had a wonderful two night stay and I have no complaints about the place. When I went to the concierge to ask about toothepaste or shaving supplies, they said it was complimentary. I couldn't ask for a more pleasant stay. I would not turn down a stay at any of the Embassey Suites if they are all like this one. If you are in the area, you must stay here!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Ripjoga,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind remarks. We do receive many kudos on our breakfast and of course the complimentary breafkast represents one of Embassy Suites value adds to our guests. I am glad we were able to help out with the toiletry items as well. Who hasn't been on the road and managed to forget one of those items? It is all about hospitality!

Thank you again for your consideration.

Martinsburg, WV
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This Embassy Suites always has friendly desk attendants and has one of the better laid out breakfasts of all Embassy Suites I've been to. Every other year we visit this location for Thanksgiving and each time it is wonderful. Also very updated with the nicest bed and bathroom furnishings. Very convenient location as well.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Mapleton, Maine
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This Embassy Suites really speaks for itself. It has so much you can do JUST on the property, which is great as the Marlborough area really isn't built up well. For around $130 a night you'll have access to one of the cleanest swimming pools possible, a great fitness room and an incredible bar. This Embassy Suites is very different compared to others I've stayed at, as it's possible to get a room that overlooks the bar/atrium area, which is simply beautiful. At night the hotel offers a Managers Reception with free drinks and snacks, and the breakfast is most likely one of the best buffet breakfasts you'll ever enjoy in your life.
If you have kids, the hotel has a large arcade and game room, along with other events happening around the hotel all the time. The hotel IS small pet friendly, and there is a non-refundable fee (mine was $50). Some rooms have balconies which add to the beauty of the hotel. You can sit out on your balcony and relax for the day, which was very wonderful. The rooms are soundproofed very well, which nearly eliminates all possibilities of being woken up through the night, sometimes things can get loud in the bar downstairs, so if you leave your balcony door open you might hear the chatter from downstairs.
This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, I wish I had a reason to be back in Marlborough to stay there again!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a great view, pick a room on one of the top floors with a balcony. If you...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
BOSMAES, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear Yendi,
Amazing review and one we so appreciate. Hopefully before too long there will be reason for your return and please let me know when that may be as I would look forward to thanking you in person. You've certainly covered all of it and very eloquently.

Safe Travels and regards,