“very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Marlborough
Memphis, Tennessee
“very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Drove from Indpls, IN to Marlborough (or Marlboro) in one 16 hour stretch. needless to say, i was ready for a break. The decor in the lobby was updated and nice. Check in was a breeze, and I arrived just in time for the nightly social.....nacho night! Had a room on the 4th floor (421). I made the mistake of flopping on the bed. Almost broke my back. Very firm bed; however, since I had a such a long day, i slept like a champ (i tend to prefer softer beds). The hotel is right across the street from a hugh mall. Plenty of shopping available. The mall had a food court, but we hit the olive garden. Typical olive garden, nothing special. The rooms were updated nicely as well. As with all residence inns, the free breakfast was available, and typical of what you've experienced at other residence inns. Very good. If you're going to Boston, save the extra $$ and stay here. Boston is just a short drive away. Without thinking twice, I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Forest Hills, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I’m a Gold Elite member of Marriott Rewards. I stay 50+ nights per year in Marriott properties as well as countless nights in other hotels. I think I know a thing or two about hotels, staff and the like. The Marlboro location is nice in that it has been updated and furnished accordingly. The problems I ran into were with a staff that was either trying too hard or not trying at all. Midnight check ins are never a fun thing, but they happen. Having a reception of “I’ve been waiting for you all night, WELCOME” is nice. However, to then have a room that is contrary to my profile was disappointing. If you really were waiting all night, you should know that. The second room provided was fine, but right next to the dumpster which is LOUD when the trash is picked up- so watch out if you have a 02 or 04 room. The city of Marlborough decided to work on their water pipes and thus from 6am-11am the hot water was dirt brown and smelled bad. I realize that this is out of the hands of the hotel. However, if people call the front desk asking about it either answer the phone or provide an answer/update to your customers. If you know people are still in their rooms- as I was, let them know when things clear up. My stay at this location was bookended with staff who need to be trained to put themselves in the shoes of their customers. To gain a better understanding of what is important to the business or recreational traveler. A smile and good attitude are indeed important, but are worthless if there is no empathy or understanding. Will this keep me from coming back? No. Will it leave a sour taste in my mouth and cause me to post a negative review? What do you think?

Room Tip: Get a room away from the dumpster on the back end of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
mikeegan122569, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Marlborough, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you recently experienced at our Residence Inn Marlborough.
We strive to provide exceptional service as you recognized due to the mention of the associate who greeted you upon arrival and the note of smiling faces and good attitudes.
This particular situation was out of our control and is not typical of the product we provide - our focus is to ensure that each guest's experience is a positive one and one that they feel compelled to share and tell stories about. I will speak with all team members here at the hotel and use your comments as a training tool to promote stronger communition and a more pro active approach to situations such as this.
We have made note of the trash pickup situation and have taken action by contacting our vendor and scheduling pick ups later in the day so that there is no interruption / inconvenience to our guest's overall experience.
We thank you for your comments and appreciate the opportunity of having you stay with us again in the future so that you may witness first hand that your concerns have been addressed.

At your service,

-The Residence Inn Marlborough Team-
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

While on business in New England, I stayed at four hotels--this was the best of them all. Clean rooms, excellent front desk service from Carole, the night auditor, and Brittney during the daylight hours.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife used the term staycation to describe this spot, I thought it was a good way to describe this hotel. We use Marriott almost exclusively in our travels, and this is a nice one. It's not in a vacation area at all, in fact the only reason you'd probably think to stay here is for business, to play hockey (big hockey facility across the street), or maybe to visit family/friends in the area. But we go here sometimes just to get away with the kids and their friends in the winter time. It has nice 2 bedroom suites at good prices, a nice indoor pool and hottub, outdoor bball court, a small arcade, and free breakfast. It's also only about a mile from a decent sized mall area with plenty of small and large stores like Sports Authority, Old Navy, Best Buy, DSW, etc. Also a Target right down the street if you need anything.

So if you are looking for a good getaway spot in the MetroWest area of Boston, or coming to the Marlborough area for a few days, this might be a good choice for you. Not much you can complain about here.

Room Tip: the 2 bedroom suites are great! We always try for a top floor if possible, but any of them are proba...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Stowe, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this property. The suites are spacious, clean and had a very comfortable bed. A consistent complaint I have with most Marriott properties is that the bed's comforter is not heavy enough. This property was no different, but I've just come to expect this from Marriott. The sofa was a little funky -- more like a lounge - that made it awkward for two people to use at the same time; but, overall, I enjoyed my suite a lot. I was very comfortable and felt safe. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the breakfast. Scrambled eggs were rubbery and overcooked; the dining area was much too small -- only three tables and a few chairs at a counter. Having said that, however, the breakfast staff was delightful -- very friendly, helpful people -- as was the staff at the front desk. Since I have business reasons to be in the area, I look forward to returning to the Residence Inn Marlborough.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CAP1953
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlborough
2.7 km away
3.1 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough
3.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro

Been to Residence Inn Boston Marlborough? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK