“A Taste of Italy”

Casa Mia Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 60 Restaurants in Marblehead
Reviewed 3 May 2017

What a treat. If you want authentic Italian, come on down. We had a wonderful dining experience with a little dose of Italy. Raffaele and his brother, Gino, are wonderful hosts, from the appetizers to the desert and apertifs, we had a truly authentic Italian experience. I cannot wait to return to try the courses I could not fit in as the portions are so generous.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

My wife and daughter took me here to celebrate my birthday. We had been here many years before when it was still called Pellino's and did not know what to expect, except that it would be Italian food. We were promptly greeted by a friendly hostess and treated like special guests.

The menu selection was not extensive, but good and varied. I was pleasantly surprised to see a red wine from Sardegna on the wine list, which happens to be our favorite wine. The food was very good, a reasonable portion, right temperature, and well prepared and presented.

The service was exceptional with the server giving us good explanations, knowledgeable suggestions, with a friendly smile, and even bringing a surprise birthday dessert along with a song.

A very good dining experience we will surely want to repeat.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

I haven't really explored the menu as I always get the porchini pappadelle with sauteed sausage and tomato that is a little off menu. It is a great dish and Marblehead is lucky to have this spot.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Went with friends for the first time. This space has been occupied by a series of restaurants over the years with limited shelf life. We hope this one will be a keeper. Food and service were excellent. Our group had different main courses: pasta, fish, chicken..all outstanding. Service very good. A bit pricy for a local small place, but worth it.

Only downside (aside from the usual parking problem in this area) was noise. The tables are close together; not enough to feel cramped but makes noisy nearby groups hard to ignore. We were there on a Tuesday evening, so it may be even worse on weekends. My advice to the owner is to take whatever steps are possible to deal with noise. It would be a shame for a noise problem to get in the way of what should be a successful place.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Visited this Italian restaurant last week. It is very small, with maybe 15-20 tables. It has some parking in the rear but not a lot. The selections on the menu were all delightful. The fare is a little pricey, but given the size of the restaurant it is understandable. The wait staff was attentive and very helpful offering suggestions. I opted for a special for the night which was ravioli stuffed with lobster and some shrimp. It was really excellent and the portion was just the right size. We (4 of us) shared an appetizer of calamari and shrimp. It was also very good. For dessert I shared the bread pudding offering with my daughter. It was not mushy, slightly firmer than that, and also quite good. The atmosphere was very relaxing and unhurried (a Thursday night) and we probably spent 2 hours total gabbing since we were with friend we had not seen in many years. No one was pushing us to move it. By the time we finished, about 8pm the place was still seeing people come in for a meal. In short, this place served authentic Italian fare and did it very well. I would definitely visit this restaurant again.