Caffe Italia Trattoria & Bar
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Marblehead
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Half price Appertizers at the Bar from 4:00 -6:00 every day .
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

My husband & I had just gotten into town and it was late in the evening and we were starving! We didn't have a reservation, and the Caffe was very busy. The wonderful hostess was able to find is a table and even checked in on is later to make sure we were happy! The food was delicious and perfect portion size. I had the Chicken Limon and my husband had the Veal Parmesan, SO GOOD! Would definitely go again next time we are I town!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

While taking a weekend to care for our five year old grand daughter, we decided to find a nice little italian restaurant to take her since that's her favorite type of food as long as its prepared HER way.
We were seated immediately, which when you're with a child, is a good thing. We ordered right away and because our waitress happened to have two small children, she understood our urgency and brought over bread and drinks for the three of us.
I ordered the Scampi Scampi, ($18.95) which is 6 jumbo shrimp sautéed with garlic, parsley and lemon in white wine sauce then tossed with fresh linguini. It was fantastic!
My husband chose the fresh Pappardelle Bolognese ($18.95) which is the large flat pasta tossed with classic the meat sauce. He's become an expert on Bolognese sauces and gave this one five stars. Our little one ordered a side of Fusilli (6.95) JUST BUTTER - no green stuff on top, and that's exactly the way she got it.
The total with for the three of us with two glasses of wine and a lemonade came to about $70. Tack on a 20% tip and considering the amount of food and the great service, not a bad deal.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Can only really review on the pizzas - we both chose these and they were great so, if that's what you are craving, then go. Service and atmosphere were good.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Café Italia is a family owned and operated Italian restaurant that has been in Marblehead for 12 years. The place has been packed for 12 years. The cuisine is combo north and southern I\Italian and serves more than adequate portions of outstanding food, including pasta boulounese, shrimp scampi, excellent seafood, and chicken and veal dishes among many. Also daily specials.Get the melanzona Donna for a starter. The bar is a great place to sit and John ,head of the bar along with his crew concoct excellent drinks. Great wine selection also.

We have been regulars for 11 years. Family, friends, couples, every occasion under the sun.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We thank TripAdvisor for allowing us to find this place, which was in walking distance of our accommodation.

We came on a Saturday evening and a reservation was not required. Our host was attentive and gave the daily specials in great detail. Our server was very friendly and good.

There is an extensive drink list. Top marks go to the Porch Swing (highly enjoyed by my wife).

Our food was very tasty. We both had pastas. The tiramisu for dessert was very good.

Having no idea what other restaurants charge for similar dishes, we found their prices to be a tad on the higher side, but not to the point that would ever prevent me from returning should I be in the area again.