“Weekend Visit”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed 1 May 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn for the weekend. The room was very nice, spacious and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the staff was very friendly.
Only two things could make it even better. 1) Breakfast in the morning. 2) Better TV stations - Rhode Island stations in Mass is not helpful and better choice of movie channels, instead of all Pay per view.
Outside of that it was peaceful and restful. We certainly would go there again.

Room Tip: 4 floor rooms very quiet .
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cameronmcintosh0
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Hello cameronmcintos0,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay. I really appreciate it. I am glad that you found the bed comfortable and that my staff made you feel welcome!!! We try to be sure that all of your guests have everything they need and feel at home. I am glad you had a peaceful and restful visit. We will look forward to welcoming you back next time you and your wife are in the area.

Hilary

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I came in an ambulance on a stretcher with oxygen on April 1, 2017 to Red Roof Inn #274 Mansfield. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Team member Winnie was especially helpful and Mercedes from housekeeping cleaned the best. It is the first hotel I stayed in without food available on site. More referrals for restaurants that deliver would have been helpful. It was really convenient to have a microwave and fridge in the room because Stop and Shop is right next door. The one thing that is really needed are blinds for the window because my room was on the first floor. Guests and maintenance men were constantly outside my window so I could rarely open the curtain for sunshine. However, If went on vacation in this area in the future I would probably pick Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Wanda G
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Hello Wanda G,

Thank you so much for your great review of our property. I am so happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay while here. My staff goes above and beyond for our guests and always wants them to feel at home and comfortable. I am so glad that Winnie was helpful and that Mercedes did a great job in your room!

We do have many restaurant menus at the front desk that deliver to your room, I am sorry you were not provide with those, next time just ask the desk and we will provide them for you. I will look into the getting some new blinds for the room. I am sorry that was disturbing.

Thank you again for your kind words, we look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever in the area again.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Rooms very clean and staff is the best. Friendly helpful and very caring about your stay. Parking lot was well lit and marked well. Easy to get to from Boston or Providence airports. Red Roof Inn is located by a great hub of activities. Football stadium, Racetrack, Open air concert hall.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Hello Janer7575,

Thank you for taking the time to write about you recent stay. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. We work so hard here to ensure that all of our guests have a clean, comfortable room with GREAT customer service and I am glad that was the case during your stay. We are very centrally located near Boston, Providence and Cape Cod. You can also visit Gillette Stadium and Patriots Place - where the New England Patriots play. It is large entertainment and shopping venue with lots to do, only minutes away.

Thank you again for your great review, we really appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I have stayed in many RRI's since I travel for a living, and I have to say this is one of the nicest and clean Red Roofs I have stayed in. It has been a real pleasure coming back to the room after working all day. The staff is all very friendly and the room is very clean. The bed is comfortable and all the appliances work great.

If I am ever back in the area I will be booking here again.
Just watch out they do charge for the use of the safe in the room, but if you do not use it they will refund your safe fee.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Gryphonwar,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We all work very hard to ensure that our guests have a clean, comfortable room to come to when staying here. I am glad we were able to provide that for you. I will be sure to share this review with the staff, it is so wonderful when their hard works is recognized. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Mansfield area.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I stayed one night (having originally planned on two) to visit family in the area. This is an older property with 5 floors. My room and bath were okay, clean, and had had a recent upgrade of mattress and bedding. Lobby and halls have been painted and lobby has a few newer pieces of furniture.
Hotel’s access to highways and restaurants is good, although the desk gave me just 1 or 2 referrals of places to eat--I found some more options on my own that were just a few minutes away. There is one elevator, and it is slow. The bedside lamp (an old fixture) in my room came on randomly at 2 a.m., which of course woke me up and was very disappointing.
Be aware there are major venues for sports events nearby. When I stayed, the hotel was full of unsupervised teenagers for at least one of these events. I had to ask two rooms of them near me to stop playing basketball IN THE ROOMS, and I also spoke to an adult who was hanging out in the hallway playing his guitar. The room below me started blasting R&B music at 6 a.m. Add to this to "pet friendly," meaning that of course dogs will bark, and I saw various people walking big dogs.
I feel it would be nice to have more of a friendly vibe from the desk staff I met that night. Also, if a hotel is going to offer coffee and tea in the lobby, they should keep them refilled. They might also consider establishing “quiet hours” and informing guests of this (for humans--we know you get what you get with dogs).

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Dear tuneful,

I am very sorry about the noise issues you had during your stay. We take noise complaints very seriously and will always address them with the loud guests and ensure that they understand that must be quite and not disturb other guests. We have a pretty strict noise policy. If someone complains about noise we will address it with the loud guest, giving them one more opportunity to quite down. If they do not after that we will contact the police to have them address the loud guests. I am very sorry about the noise, we did have a basketball tournament in the area over the weekend, and we were full.

I am very sorry, please know that if we are made aware of the issues we will do our very best to correct them immediately.

Thank you for your review. I am happy that the room and bathroom were clean, my staff works very hard to ensure that our guests feel at home and comfortable, I am sorry that was not the case during your stay.

Hilary

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
0.5 km away
1.2 km away
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
13.6 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin / Milford Area

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK