“Very Scary”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

We just walked out of the Red Roof Inn in Foxboro. After 2 attempts at rooms, the look, smell, and general atmosphere we bolted to the Holiday Inn in Taunton. Step by step: Pulled up, and the sign on the front door says no smoking within 25 feet of the front door. Looks good accept for all the cigarette smoke in the entry way itself just trying to get in the front door. Next we were given rooms on the 5th floor. The elevator smelled like machine oil. We thought the smell in the elevator was bad until we got off the elevator and found that the 5th floor smelled like something died..........months ago. It's at that point as we ran back to the elevator that we heard Marmaduke howling at the moon. Quite literally, a huge dog nonstop barking, and no one doing anything or seeming to care. We went to the lobby, changed rooms. The new rooms, third floor: room keys, didn't work. Once in the room the smoke smell was overwhelming. It's a nonsmoking room and a nonsmoking hotel, yet all the rooms we were given wreaked of smoke, not to mention just about every where you turned it all smelled like smoke. We couldn't get out of there quick enough. The website says newly renovated. Don't believe it. This hotel is very scary! Run!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank SGS76
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Hello SGS76,
I am very sorry that you were unhappy and did not stay. I can assure you we are NON smoking and never allow anyone to smoke at the front door, especially the entryway, we put the signs out front so that smoking guests would not stand in the entry and smoke. There is a designated area for smokers away from the building. If someone was smoking in the entry door I can assure you that my staff would take care of it right away. We do everything in our power to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable. Our elevator was just inspected a month ago and everything passed, so I am not sure what that odor was, I do not smell it now. We do not allow smoking in our rooms, and if a guest is caught smoking in the room there is a $200 cleaning fee. Regarding the dog barking, we are very proud to be a pet friendly hotel, however we do not allow pets to be left unattended in the rooms. I can assure you that we were in the process of contacting the guest who left his dog and he was asked to leave that night for not following our pet policy. I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant 1st impression, my staff and I work hard to ensure that our guests feel at home and comfortable and I am very sorry that was not case and choose not to stay.

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

Place was basic. Beds were fine in terms of comfort but room was a bit shabby. Sheets were if questionable cleanliness. There were hairs on them . management quickly arrived with fresh sheets after I complained. Fridge was adequate although there was no freezer. Staff was very kind and polite.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
i0274, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Hello Sheryl N,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I can assure you that we will always promptly correct any issue as soon as we are alerted. I am sorry about the sheets, we always change out all check out sheets on all beds, however sometime there are stains/hairs left on them from the washing machine and dryer. The housekeeping staff should not make the beds with these sheets. I am very sorry for the oversight on our part. Please accept our apologies.

My staff works very hard to ensure that all of our guests feel at home and comfortable.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

This is the type of review that seems almost pointless to write. This property was absolutely typical of what you would expect of a Red Roof. Basic furnishings, clean, polite staff. We appreciated that they welcomed the four-legged member of our family without hassle and without gouging us for additional fees! The only minor irritation was the faucet in the bath tub that had a chronic leak. Parking was somewhat type, due primarily to several box-like trucks that were parked perpendicular across several spots each.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for writing about your experience here at Red Roof in Mansfield. We do offer basic accommodations at a great value with exceptional Customer Service, and we always welcome your pet without additional charges. I am sorry about the leak in the tub, next time please contact the front desk immediately so we can fix it right away.

We do offer truck parking however they should not park in the parking spots and instead leave those for the cars and park along the edge of the lot. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for the review of your stay,

Reviewed 23 April 2016

The beds were comfortable and clean, soft sheets, could have used extra pillows. Toilet had trouble flushing so we moved to another room on the 3rd floor, do not suggest 1st floor. Help was kind. Bathroom floors could have been cleaner, toilet seat needed to be replaced!

Room Tip: avoid first floor, noise from hallways so end room might be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Hello Andrea D,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am sorry that you had issues with the first room and had to change rooms. However I am glad you reported it so that we could take care if the issue and ensure you had an enjoyable stay.

Our bedding is new within the past few months and I am glad you found it comfortable.

My staff works very hard to ensure that all of our guests are taken care of and feel at home and comfortable.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Hotel was easy to get too as it was close to the highway. My check in experience went well although she never entered my rewards number in which I had to verify at check out. She recommended a place to eat down the street which I did try and liked called Jake n Joes.

The room was clean, quiet and was perfect. In the bathroom, they only provide soap bars, shampoo and tissues. There is plenty of parking, in the front or the rear of the building. The occupancy was high that night and there was a good mix of people. I had great nights sleep and would recommend this hotel if your in the area seeking a relatively inexpensive but clean location.

Room Tip: Non connecting and away from elevator and ice machines.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Hello Todd0237,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay. I am happy that the staff was able to provide local restaurants, Jake and Joes is one of our favorites as well. We can always provide more amenities, such as soap, shampoo and tissues if you need it, simply call the front desk and we will bring it up for you.

I am happy to hear your room was perfect, and you had a good nights sleep, that is what we want for our all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

Hilary

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
0.5 km away
16.1 km away
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
1.2 km away
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK