“Clean rooms; friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mansfield
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Clean rooms; friendly staff”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I was greeted by Teddy at the desk--he was very helpful and answered all the questions I had about my meeting the next day at the hotel and about where to eat. NOTE: he suggested the hotels restaurant and it was fantastic! I highly recommend the chili but heard that the clam chowder was awesome too! Did not get the server or bartenders names but they were also very friendly and helpful.
The meeting I had to go to was fine... the break food and the luncheon were also very good! Banquet servers were very professional. The chef was out on the buffet carving meat on the buffet and he seemed to really know his stuff!!
I did not have any trouble with the internet. I think there are 2 internet connections: one for the guest room and one for the bnaquet room but once I had connected to each I never had a problem.
My room was very clean as well and they were well appointed.
I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
bosmf, Manager at Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Thankyou so much for giving us a great review of our hotel. We are grateful that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon! I will definately pass on your comments to our staff as well.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Thai first
Levittown, New York
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This is a great simple hotel near the staudium. It's very close to Foxboro, it has a bar, and the rates are reasonable. I stay on a Monday night for a football game and it was about $130 for the night.
There is a liquor store and a shop and stop nearby of you need to grab tailgating supplies.
The food at the bar downstairs was subpar. Typical bar food. Not terrible but not great.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank bcrummy
We are glad to hear that you stayed with us while going to a football game at Gillette Stadium.
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
austin tx
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Overall the hotel is what you would expect for a Holiday Inn. And it better be for the price you pay. However, there are two things which really ticked me off during my stay 14Nov-26Nov and I think it's pretty inexcusable for a hotel at this price point. #1, the wifi in the rooms was horrendous. Most of the time it didn't work. I would disconnect & connect again to try again and again but either it would only stay connected for a short time or wouldn't connect at all. This made it extremely hard to get work done in the room. When I called the front desk to ask them to check on it for me they were very short with me and hung up on me. Fortunately I had tethering using my blackberry from work but there is absolutely no reason I should have had to use that.

Also, breakfast was extrememly expensive compared with other hotels I've stayed at. This is normal for Holiday Inns, but I think $8 for continental and $10 for regular breakfast is rediculous, especially for a hotel that charges >$100/night.

Overall, for what you pay, there is no reason to pay the $20-30 per night premium to stay in a Holiday Inn. This is the second one I've stayed in since August and I plan to try to avoid them in the future. Wyndham and possibly Microtel seem to be alot better in my experience.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Iam sorry to hear that you had problems with our WIFI during your stay with us. I just would like for you to know that we did find a problem with our system and just recently upgraded a few of our access points within the last month. Sorry for the inconvenience and if you ever are back in our area, i would like for you to give us another shot. Please give me a call and i would be happy to work with you on a future reservation.
Thanks for your honest review of our hotel.
Matt Chauvin
Connecticut
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed at the Mansfield Holiday for an ACBL tournament. Our room was quiet, clean and well furnished with a very comfortable king bed. The lobby is spacious with a breakfast buffet area featuring a very reasonably priced full breakfast. While waiting to register, a agitated guest interrupted to ask for her bill. The desk clerk noticed that she had only arrived an hour ago and when questioned she said she needed to leave due to an emergency at home. He told her there would be no charge - nice to see this happen.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
North Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Visited this Holiday Inn property last week. Check In was a breeze, the woman who checked me in was friendly, courteous and accomedating. I told her I was traveling with a pet and she did not give me any hassle at all about it. This was a big plus for me. No hassle, or fee just a smile to tell me that was no problem. Great room, faced the indoor pool. Hotel has a very nice look to it inside, making it appear you are outside. We did not eat at the hotel for dinner but the resturant did look nice. The indoor pool was great, nice and warm made for a relaxing swim. The hotel also has a nice hot tub. Called down for pool towels and someone came down immediately, even turned up the hot tub jets. Great Service. Bed, linens and quality of room was great. Bath and Body Works products in the bathroom also gave it a nice touch. The breakfeast buffet in the morning was $10. Overall it was Ok, but would like to see more choices for being charged. The woman at the breakfast buffet was very rude. When trying to get coffee, I was yelled at. She said that only she could serve that to us. Overall you may want to pass on this, unless you take atvantage of the all you can eat side of it.
I will return to this property. The reason is the great front desk staff, updated rooms, great pool, pet friendliness, and overall a great quality property. Thanks for making my stay a great one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side.