“Great meal. Yay oysters!”
Review of Great Road Kitchen

Great Road Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Great Road Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Littleton
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Had heard about it and this was the perfect opportunity to stop there as we were on way back from NH.

It's in a shopping plaza. Place is very large, must have hundreds of seats in and outside. Food was excellent and I loved being able to get oysters. The also have a separate oyster bar area which next time I think I'm going straight to that exclusively. Yes it is pricy and the bill can climb up there very fast, but it's all good food so it didn't feel unwarranted. Surprised at some of the reviews, but I've only been one time. In my experience, I really like it and great food. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Dining Catastrophe!

Stopped at Great Road Kitchen for dinner with a professional colleague (both mid 50's) for the first time two weeks ago on a Thurs evening. We arrived at approximately 6:50 PM. We were seated outside. Restaurant was about 2/3rds full. At 6:55 we ordered a draft beer and a water, and a few minutes later we ordered our dinners from the menu....little did we know that these would be the only two items we would receive until almost 9pm (not a typo). Some of you are probably wondering why we didn't just leave....read on....

At approximately 7:30 we were growing a little concerned that dinner was taking awhile so we flagged down our waitress and asked her to check on our food. She apologized and promised to be right back. At 7:45 we found her again (she never came back) and asked if we could speak to a manager....numerous people around us had been seated and were eating. The manager arrived and explained that our order had gotten mixed up, and that the kitchen was struggling to manage a wedding rehearsal dinner.....no problem...we weren't in a rush and these things happen.

Around 8:20 we flagged down the manager again to inquire about our food. He apologized, told us how embarrassed he was, and promised our food would be prepared next. He also told us he would "take care of the bill".

At 8:45 we decided to leave. Two hours in, we had one empty beer glass to show for our time....no bread...no nuts, no refills... I went to speak with the manager to let him know we were leaving. I met him just outside the "open kitchen" line. He apologized again...while we were talking, the cook (who was standing at the counter) shouted out "Denny's is right down the street..." At that point I was really pissed off. We had been very civil and patient...there was no screaming or yelling...just waiting like a couple of idiots. Time to go.....the manager followed me out apologizing over and over for the remarks, and the delays. He told me that our food was was right behind him .....(keep reading).

At that point we were gathering up our things to leave when the plates showed up.....stupidly we ate them. My food (salmon over greens) was actually very good; my friend's meal (fish tacos) and truffle fries were almost inedible....the manager apologized again and asked if he could replace them....enough was enough. It was 9:05 at this point...truly time to go.

The frosting on the dinner....the manager brought us a bill for $33.00...his version of "taking care of the bill" was far different than what anyone who has ever worked in a restaurant would think it would mean....we dropped $40.00 and walked away. Complete fiasco.

I tried to contact the owners by email and phone before writing this review. I figured everyone gets to have a bad night...right? They never called or emailed me back. My advice: skip Great Road, or at least bring a good book!

2  Thank Tom L
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We have been to Great Road Kitchen several times and just can't decide what to make if it. The food is good. People talk a lot about the lobster guacamole but even better than that is the spicy shrimp hummus.
Last night we got a prime rib special which was good but at a cost of $46! It was not on the menu so we did not know the price. We work in Boston and frequent the Boston restaurant scene and have no issue paying for an expensive meal but I expect the entire package- service, atmosphere and food quality. The service at GRK is consistently just ok. We have sat at a table and at the bar, inside and outside, and everyone who waits on us is slow, frazzled and often disheveled. Almost as if there is not enough help so everyone is running around (including last night when it was pretty empty).
The atmosphere is fine. It was nice when they opened but needs a cleaning crew to come in and do more than mop a floor (like dust some lights).
As mentioned above, food is good and we will be back for that reason and because it is a convenient location.
If you are going for the first time, know what you are getting into - good but expensive food, ok atmosphere and service that is consistently mediocre.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

After tonight's dinner at the Great Road Kitchen in Littleton, MA I am so not a happy Camper.

I looked at the menu and saw things like

steak frites …24
parmesan arugula fries, whiskey onion butter demi-glace

cast iron chicken …23 <gf>
pee wee’s, grilled broccolini, roast onion jus

9 oz. 'center cut' tenderloin …30 <gf>
roast mushrooms, demi-glace sour cream & onion bliss

Ok I can handle a little bit of onion but not much, so I won't order these dishes

I see the mussels
Moosabec sippin’ mussels …13 <gf> Mussels, Panang coco lopez sauce

Great I'll have that. Guess what, the mussels come with at least a cup of fried onions over them. So Great Road Kitchen will tell me when there are onions in the sauce but not when half of the dish is onions? And oh yes their response is that there is an * that says you should tell your server, so does not cover this!

So if you have any foods/flavors, that while they won't kill you, will ruin your dinner, unless you are a gambler don't go to Great Road Kitchen in Littleton. They will randomly tell you what's in the dish or not. You can't trust what they say on the menu. It's too bad, because if you luck out, the food is pretty good

Reviewed 30 July 2017

First of all my first time dining at Great Road Kitchen was very good. We like the menu and the atmosphere. The next time we went for dinner: The hostess was very nice, however the waitress had a poor attitude. She brought warm water and then grudgingly brought ice. We were provided with bread plates but no bread arrived. When we requested it she brought rolls with no butter or olive oil. She told us that the salmon was prepared medium rare which is how we like it. The salmon was very fresh but the inside was completely raw. We ate our meal except for the middle of the salmon. When we showed her the raw middle she argued that that was how it is supposed to be and insisted that it was medium rare. We did not request anything else from her expect for the check. I'm not planning to return any time soon

Date of visit: July 2017