“Good Food and Decent Bar”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 71 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentically delicious food and drinks made fresh to order daily. Art and furnishings handcrafted in Mexico. For family, friends and community, the fiesta starts here. It's like being in Mexico without getting on a plane.
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I have been in here before for drinks but until last Tuesday I had never ordered any food here and I was pleasantly surprised by the food quality and service. I know it seems like a simple thing but the queso is very good, I have had it at many places where its got a very sour taste and just no bite at all to it but the queso was very good. We got a variety of dishes and everyone in the group seemed very satisfied with their meals. The chicken baby Chimi's are very good a appetizer, I had the Grilled Steak Chimichanga which was also good. My son built his own burger and said it was great with the chipole bbq sauce. I will definatley be back again for food and drinks. Bartender was also very good and quick with the drinks. You cant ask for much more than that..

MargsMex, Public Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Located rate next to our hotel. Had a great mango margarita and fajitas the food was excellent and place was very busy with fast and great service

MargsMex, Public Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thanks! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

All the usual Tex-Mex favorites: tacos, enchiladas, etc. Good Margaritas, several varieties. Several beers, including Mexican.

MargsMex, Public Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thanks, Duncan!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We ate at this restaurant because it was close to our hotel; we were able to walk to it after a day of traveling in the car. Also, typically we enjoy Mexican food.
We weren't disappointed. We were seated immediately. We had a booth; tables are also available.
The menu was extensive and they had a few specials. I chose the taco special and my table mate chose the fish special. They also had drink specials so we got a good price on drinks. I had a beer and my table mate had a margarita.
The drinks came quickly. We also got a basket of chips and some salsa. The salsa was very good; a little kick. It wasn't all tomato like some places. It was very good. We didn't want to fill-up on chips so held-back.
It did take awhile for the food to arrive but we were happy having our drinks and talking about plans for the next day.
The fish special was a huge platter of beans, rice, corn and a filet that covered half the plate. My order was three tacos. I had asked for whole grain shells but they didn't have any. Since I asked for whole grain the kitchen sent out corn and flour so I could decide which I preferred. Nice little touch.
Not only was it lots of food but it was very good. Our waitress, Carolina, kept our water glasses filled and checked on our drinks. Service was top-rate.
We really enjoyed the food and our evening.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Two co-op student at my work place wanted to go here for going away luncheon so we loaded up a couple of cars and headed there. We got seated quickly and sat down, That was were everything began going south. :-( Water came 30 mins later, they brought us some salsa & chips about 15 mins later. By the time we ordered the food and it came one of the guys had to wait 10 mins after we all got ours. At that point we could wait for him to eat so we started because he had only 2 hrs to get back to work. The food took at least 50 mins after we ordered it. NOTHING was good - no one liked their food and the greeter who was also our waitress was almost never to be seen.

Granted there were 9 of us and there seems like there w
as ample seating there an ample parking BUT not enough wait staff period. Obviously a bad decision to go there, but to late for that. At least I can warn people about this place!

I have to say it was my worse meal EVER in the last decade. :-(

MargsMex, Public Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Hi there, we’re disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your meal with us. We’ll be sharing your feedback with our management team and kitchen staff in an effort to keep improving in the future. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.