“wish there were more of this brand around the country” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Element Lexington

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Element Lexington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lexington
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“wish there were more of this brand around the country”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This is a great concept and well executed. The one bedroom suites are a great set-up and offer lots of space. Having a small kitchen is always nice and makes life easier on the road. The suites are well equipped and my only suggestion would be to add a pitcher so one could chill tap water in the fridge. We asked for the sofa bed to be made up and while the linens were delivered we had to make the bed when we returned. Bathrooms could use some additional towels but we found some on the housekeeping cart. Breakfast is decent, not fancy but serves the purpose. Please build more of these around the country – we’ll use them!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Lodged at this hotel while work was getting done at my home. Terrific home away from home, clean, upscale, reasonable and right off Route 128 in Lexington. It's a bit spartan as far a decor in the room, but it was comfortable. It was like a studio apartment, with a kitchen etc. Easy check in, friendly staff, and great snack meals in the lobby. I will recommend this hotel to family and friends when they are visiting the area!

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms would be ideal
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Great Neck
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We are from Long Island, NY. We hoped for a place that would be reasonable in price while we also had high expectations for comfort and consideration for the environment- in all aspects...we found it here.
We are avid recyclers, with a home compost area outside (and an indoor worm bin in the basement).
Complimentary breakfast buffet is included in cost of your stay at Elements. At most other hotels is generic, unhealthy and blah. We wanted to make sure that our high school son would find what to eat for breakfast (and not be grouchy) as we had to be at an appointment to visit a college. We thought the 'eat before you venture out' approach would allow us to sleep a little later.... so, when we made the reservation we sent the message of us being vegetarians and what we can eat. The Element hotel provided plenty of healthy choices for us- and the chef came out to make sure all the guests had something to choose from.
The food was delicious; several healthy choices;and all served and packaged in environmentally friendly containers.
A traveler appreciates a good night sleep, a hot breakfast and a quick zip to the I-95/128 highway to start the day of right.
We already plan to stay there again when we visit the Boston area again in the spring.

Room Tip: We asked for a room far from the elevators so we would not hear late arrivals.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
maryana m, Manager at Element Lexington, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Welcome panzerwheels,

We are pleased that you've noticed our sustainability efforts as it is incredibly important to our associates on property and the Element brand as a whole.
Good luck to your son with finding the right college: Boston has plenty to choose from and I am certain that he will find one that fits best.
It would also mean that you will stay with us more often when you come to visit him.
We will see you on your next visit here this spring,

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

The element in Lexington was a great find for a last minute trip to the Boston area. It's located right off of Route 128.
My room (studio) was modern, but not at all stark. It could've used a few more soft surfaces (stepping out of bed onto a tile floor was a bit of a wakeup), but overall was comfortable. The bathroom and toiletries were all very nice. The kitchenette in the room was a nice touch that I would've made more use of had I been there for more than a night.
Check-in was very efficient and quick, and the overnight staff was very warm and welcoming. My only complaint is that the breakfast, while extensive, didn't seem geared to all the people staying at the hotel. The hot items seemed to run out rather quickly, and didn't appear to be replenished.
When I'm in the area again, I'll definitely consider the element!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
maryana m, Manager at Element Lexington, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear thm202,

Thank you for posting a reply about your travels to Element lexington. We are pleased that you enjoyed your room as well as the welcome desk experience with our agents. As far as your Rise experience, please don't hesitate to let one of our Rise associates know that if there is something that you prefer be prepared differently than how we have it currently. they will be obliged to meet your request, if it's feasible, such as making a whole wheat egg white tortilla without asparagus or maybe spinach instead.

Please visit Element again,

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for the second time, and I definitely recommend it. Although I recall being happy with the Element the first time I stayed here a year and a half ago, I think it has even improved with age. I found it exceedingly comfortable and restful for a quick one-night stay. It still also looks very new, despite being a few years old now.

I had to make a last-minute trip to Cambridge and there was really nothing affordable there, which was likely due to the several events that were going on at Harvard at the time. I wasn’t interested in staying in Downtown Boston, so I settled on something in the suburbs as an alternative. I was happy to see that the Element and Aloft aren’t all that far from Cambridge, plus had low rates. The rates were basically the same for both hotels at the time, but I ultimately settled on the Element over the Aloft because it offers much more spacious rooms, free breakfast, and just a nicer/calmer environment.

The Element is located just off of I-95, and at least for getting to Cambridge, it was an easy drive down the Concord Turnpike (abut 20 minutes). The hotel is a bit isolated on a hill, and I didn’t see much of anything nearby during either stay, in terms of restaurants or stores. You can easily drive on 95 north a couple of exits to the Burlington Mall area for more than enough restaurant choices.

The Element really isn’t very aesthetically pleasing from the outside, but it’s much better on the inside. Everything is very clean and modern, decorated in earth tones. I was impressed by how spotless everything was. We even noticed some areas in the hallway that needed to be painted while we were there, and sure enough, the next morning, they had been. There seems to be very good attention to detail here.

When we arrived around noon, we were able to check-in immediately, and found the woman at the front desk to be very friendly and welcoming. We were in one of the studio suites with 2 queens (room 265), and it was exactly as I remembered it from my first stay. I was impressed that everything in the room was still spotless and felt new. One could argue that the rooms are a bit drab and too neutral, but I find them restful. I think the design of these rooms is smart. The studio suites are basically L-shaped, with the kitchenette along one wall as you come into the room, a couch straight ahead along the window, and beds off to the side. The large desk and tv on a rotating stand serve as a divider between the bed and kitchen sides of the room. The way the room was laid out made it easy for everyone to have some space to themselves. One person could be working at the desk while another sat on one of the kitchen stools and used the counter as a work space.

The bathroom is quite large and nice as well. The bathroom could even have been made a bit smaller to give the rest of the room more space. The sink has plenty of counter space and the walk-in shower is really large with a nice rainforest-style showerhead. Shampoo and shower gel are in the shower in dispensers (I honestly couldn’t tell the difference between the two). We had one small issue with the toilet. The toilet has two flush options marked on top, a half flush and full flush. I’m not exactly sure how, but one of the two buttons was stuck down and the toilet wouldn’t flush when we arrived. Luckily it ended up being pretty easy to fix by taking the top off the toilet and fooling around with it.

All in all, we really enjoyed the room and even liked having the kitchen area (something I’m never much of a fan of). It was impeccably clean, unlike at some other long-term stay chains, and having kitchen supplies was great when we had some food to bring back to the room to eat.

You also can’t go wrong with the beds, since they are the very comfortable Westin heavenly beds. I was able to get good sleep in the bed. The only issue was that the HVAC system was a bit loud while we were sleeping. Otherwise, the hotel is very quiet and in a quiet setting.

We enjoyed the free breakfast in the lobby in the morning. It was very well-stocked, and an attendant was constantly refilling things. My only complaint would be that some items were a little cold, such as the French toast. However, the selection was generally good. There was French toast, two breakfast sandwiches to choose from, oatmeal, and lots of cold options. The little smoothie ‘shots’ that they offer are tasty as well. There was also a sign indicating that some hot food is available during the week at night.

All in all, I do recommend the Element Lexington. I had a positive experience here in the past, and I enjoyed it even more this time. It is fresh and clean, and the eco-friendly theme is never a bad thing. I would be a little careful with making sure the location is ok for where you need to be. It is a little isolated. Otherwise, I won’t hesitate to stay here next time I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Welcome mrg0137,

Much gratitude for your review! You could be a promoter for our hotels. thank you for your detailed evaluation of our property and for noticing our committment and passion for making Element be an experience that is exceptional from beginning to end.

We hope to see you again,
Live life aloft and live well
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
0.1 km away
5.2 km away
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
10.7 km away
BEST WESTERN at Historic Concord

Been to Element Lexington? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK