“quality, quantity in a relaxed pub reminiscent of an English tavern”
Review of Columbia Tavern

Columbia Tavern
Ranked #19 of 143 Restaurants in Leominster
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Had lunch at the Columbia Tavern in Leominster today - and enjoyed a really, really great seafood platter - top quality ingredients, over flowing platter - and delicious! Sea scallops, tail off jumbo shrimp, tender whole belly clams, and a haddock filet --- My wife had a steak tip panini - also top notch - We will be back!

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Went on a Sunday afternoon; I had never been before but my wife and older son had been twice before and said "you need to go.."

This is the replacement location of the original Columbia Tavern which was sadly lost a few years ago (November 2012). By fire. It was part of the old Columbia Hotel c. 1890s in the downtown area of Leominster.

The six of us (my family of four plus two friend's children) ordered a myriad of things from nachos to a Swiss & mushroom burger to baked haddock to one if the best BLTs I've ever had.

Fish was unmistakably fresh and had a buttery Ritz cracker topping..just heavenly..

The mac and cheese I've heard of and being tdf (to die for)...No understatement there! Mac and cheese, as simple as it is to make can be very very difficult to have come out as "exceptional". This was exceptional!

My wife's mushroom and Swissburger was fantastic, and cooked as she wanted it and perfectly too. (This is also difficult to get these days because a lot of places have to cook beef in a certain way)

My BLT was served on lightly toasted bread (sourdough if my taste buds are right..) and had the perfect bacon to tomato to lettuce to mayo ratios.. I also have red onion on mine which gives the sandwich a kick without overpowering it. Even my side salad which was made with their homemade blue cheese dressing I would call exceptional..

I never got to try the nachos, but they were of the "disappearing quick" variety..

My older son got the Mississippi Mud Pie..also never got my spoon near that one...definitely will in the future however...or maybe their tiramisu.. (I'm kind of torn here..)

If you get the chance, stop in for lunch, dinner or brunch sometime....brunch will be my next trip to try their eggs benny!!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Prices are reasonable and the food was excellent. From our first visit experience for dining, I'd vote this the best value (price and quality) for the immediate downtown area in Leominster.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We decided to take a risk last weekend and try Columbia Tavern. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food was really good! My husband had the fried haddock which he loved, and I had the baked haddock in a ritz cracker and butter sauce and it was delish. They source it from West Boylston Seafood which was a treat. My husband thought the homemade tarter sauce was fantastic and I enjoyed the homemade cole slaw. Also, I always have an issue with baked potatoes being cooked right, and this one was perfect.

I do have to say that the noise level due to it being a bar as well as pub was a little over the top. It quieted down after a while though.

If I had one complaint, it would be that it took a while for the food to come out. We waited for at least 45 minutes.

Overall, we were pleased and we will definitely go again.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Four for supper and all meals were plentiful and tasty, and Emma was a wonderful server. Reasonably priced fisherman's platter was topped with tasty onion rings. Mac and cheese mixed with house chili overflowed the plate, scallops and shrimp over al dente risotto, and a hazelnut chicken over butternut ravioli were all excellent. I have to say, food was better than I expected for this type of establishment. Other than a lot of ambient noise, this was a god dining experience.