All reviews room was clean non smoking place to sleep would stay again one night stay hojo property microwave lamp desk laptop furnishings
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm from the Berkshires and over the years we have come back to see my cousin's family in Pittsfield. My husband and I have stayed at several motels in the Lenox, Lee and Great Barrington area. As of now when we go back we are planning to stay at the Howard Johnson's Wyndham Lenox again. It is a little set back from Rt. 7 and we didn't notice the traffic noise. The pool in the front is clean and modern. I paid a little extra and took the king suite room. In mid September I paid $107 with tax. The extra space was very nice. The king bed looked new and it was one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in at a motel. The bathroom was regular size but everything in it was modern and worked very well. In the main room we had an extra sink along with a coffee pot, microwave and larger refrigerator. And it was very clean!

There were a number of friendly bikers staying at the motel that night. They were polite and didn't make any noise running their motorcycles. We hardly noticed them at all. It was quiet throughout our stay.

The office area is small along with the breakfast area. Breakfast was from 7am-10am. I stopped in at 8:30am and just a few people were around. They offered bananas, bagels and bread with a toaster, a few types of cereals, two types of juice along with milk, coffee and hot water for tea. On a covered hot plate there were small egg and cheese omelets and sausage patties. I made two plates of those and brought them back to the room. We always look for motels that serve some type of breakfast and we were very happy with what HoJo's had to offer. We could have gone back for 2nds, but I only went back for more coffee.

The location is very close to everything going on in the south section of the Berkshires. The Family Footwear store just a short walk away has top shoes with fair prices. Just down the road are the outlet stores heading south and to the north is downtown Pittsfield.

We've stayed at a few other places in that area and were unhappy with musty smells and not so clean and modern rooms. I'm so happy we found this place. We will definitely be going back again!

Room Tip: 2nd floor, king suite
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Always a nice place. People that run it and work their are nice. The rooms are not fancy but are clean and neat. The pool was still open and it is very nice. The location is great. It is near to stores.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stanley D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Price was super so my expectations weren't high. The only knock is that everything could be renovated but then I'm sure the price would not be as attractive. Large Room, fridge, safety deposit, med lg Flat screen, microwave. All clean and functional.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank eastcoastband
Reviewed 4 September 2018

We were surprised to find a beautifully maintained property and pool at the HoJo Wyndham in Lenox, MA. The buildings looked freshly painted and the pool and pool area clean and well cared for. The grounds had appealing outside furniture with an area under a covered top with curtains that could be undone to block the sun or wind. There were several gliders and all were in very good (almost new) condition. The complimentary breakfast of omelettes/sausages/toast/bagels/muffins, cereal, etc. was well done in a dining alcove near the front desk. There was cable TV, the beds were comfortable and the bathrooms clean. I would recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: We were in Lenox for a Tanglewood presentation and this was the perfect location.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank DianeG1955
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Room was nice and very spacious with a couch and chairs. Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was very basic. We ate our own food. They were switching cable companies and our TV did not work when we returned at night. An employee came immediately and got it working. Very polite.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple