I recently enjoyed an overnight stay with a close friend of mine at the historic Cranwell Resort nestled in the Berkshire Mountains. The Mansion of the resort sits high atop a hill with views of the Berkshire Mountains all around. The other buildings on the resort are well placed so that the mountains views are not compromised. The buildings themselves have real historical character and beauty. The grounds are meticulously manicured. It's really very beautiful.
The friendly staff at the front desk checks you in with a smile and makes you feel welcome immediately. They are very informative about the location of everything onsite and your room key holder has a very handy fold-out resort map attached, with important phone numbers for all different departments within the resort and information about available activities. It is very convenient that the resort lets you put everything on your room charge so there is no need to carry cash around with you.
We enjoyed a stay in a Classic Room of Founder's Cottage. It was very roomy and spacious. There were two queen beds, two comfortable chairs, an armoire with some drawers and a television, a small table and a desk. There was also a "pantry" area with a counter, a sink, refrigerator and Keurig machine. The bathroom was also plenty roomy, with a jacuzzi tub and shower, a toilet, and a double vanity. There was a closet with a safe and robes that you could wear to the spa, if you so desired.
The Spa at Cranwell offers a wide variety of salon and spa services. Prior to your treatments, after you check into the spa's main desk, there is a locker room where you can change and store your personal belongings in a secure locker. This is also where you will find entrance into the sauna, steam room and pool. Save at least ten minutes to enjoy the quiet room where you can sit by the fireplace and enjoy tea or water while you wait to be called by your therapist.
While we were there, we experienced several treatments:
Deep Tissue Massage
Aromatherapy Salt Scrub
All of the treatments were excellent and used high quality ingredients. The therapists were very professional. As an added convenience, the service charge is charged automatically to your spa treatment, so you don't have to carry cash with you to the treatment rooms.
Cranwell Resort and Spa also has a variety of fitness classes available. We chose to take a spin cycle class in the early morning. One of the students was a first-time spinner and received excellent instruction. The instructor took the time prior to the class and throughout the entire class to be sure the new student understood the terminology and moves so she could enjoy the class safely. This one-one instruction never interfered with the overall class for the more experienced students. Everybody is welcome in their classes and is made to feel comfortable whether experienced in fitness or not. Folks wanting to try a new class couldn't try it in a more comfortable environment.
We had to opportunity to eat at both the Wyndhurst Restaurant and in The Music Room for breakfast. Both areas boast some beautiful views of the mountains. The food was very high quality and we could see why they earned their Zagat rating. Service here was just as consistent as it was throughout the resort. The wine list is extensive and there are spa dining options for those individuals who are calorie conscious.
I would recommend this resort to absolutely everybody. Families are welcome here, as well as golfing groups, couples, groups, friends, wedding parties, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high on a hilltop in Lenox, MA, Cranwell Resort, Spa and Golf Club offers spectacular views for every season. Enjoy one of the largest spas in the Northeast along with elegant accommodations, fine dining, outstanding amenities and exceptional service. Whether your visit is for a weekend getaway, business meeting or stylish wedding or event, Cranwell Resort, Spa and Golf Club offers the ultimate resort experience on 380-acres snuggled in the heart of the Berkshires. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cranwell Resort, Spa & Golf Club Hotel Lenox
- Cranwell Resort, Spa And Golf Club
- Cranwell Hotel Lenox
- Cranwell Resort Lenox
- Cranwell Resort Anbd Spa Lenox