“Beautiful Area & Great Spa”

Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Lenox
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Beautiful Area & Great Spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at the Cranwell Resort the weekend of March 10th. It is a beautiful resort with fantastic views. Our room was in the Founders Cottage. It was a very nice room with a large bathroom. As with most historic hotels, the walls are very thin. We were able to hear the conversations in the next room, and they were not speaking loudly.
The spa is wonderful. It is very expensive though. In comparison to other luxury spas, the one item I found to be lacking was the service. In most other spas I've been too, once you check in, a member of the staff walks you to your locker, provides an overview/tour of the facilities and answers your questions. At the Cranwell, you check in at the desk and they point to the locker room. That's it. You take it from there. For the price, I would have expected top service. That being said, the facilities were very clean with lots of amenities.
We ate breakfast at the resort. The Sunday brunch was nice, but not different from any other hotel, except for the price. Very expensive.
Overall it was a very nice visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Just around the corner from Canyon Ranch lies the Cranwell Resort.

This was a wonderful, relaxing and more affordable alternative to Canyon Ranch and other high end spa resorts.

I highly recommend Cranwell Resort.

• Stayed March 2012
Oxford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

My husband and are just visited the Cranwell last weekend. It was a very busy weekend with no decrease in attention or service. I love everything about this resort. The staff, classes, accomodations, etc. Please try an overnight. The suite rooms are breathtaking! The spa and staff are wonderful! I do have one complaint to offer this visit. The woman who worked in the spa gift shop was not very pleasant. Her name was Kelly --. She preceded to tell me who she was in a very condescending manner. I really don't care she is a buyer , etc, etc, She is rude!!!! Offers very challenging conversation also! Do you care that I am a professsional ?
If you meet her, you will know what I mean. Needs to come down on her high horse and take a customer service class. I never complained about any staff. We have visited the resort over the last ten years . We visit 5-6 times per year. She struck me in such a strange way! I adore all the staff there. The front desk, spa desk, wait staff etc. She so bothered me! Since she is a buyer, she is awful at her job. The spa shop lacks in yoga clothing, lotions, etc. The other girls are lovely, Anne, Suzanne, etc. On the other hand, youi will have a great time. Enjoy dinner in the mansion. Ask for Claudine!! Wonderful waitress!! Kelly should follow her skills! Such a beautiful human being!! This resort has given my family such fond memories! We love it! It was my sister's last visit before she passed last October.The staff were so good to her!!! Th fitness classes are great! Try them Ask for Katie , Dan , or Virginia for a super deep tissue massage! They are fabulous. Peter at the front desk is a true gem. Be sure to book a room with connecting service to the spa at this time of the year! Go to the Cranwell!!! Love it.....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank harryOxford
Norma_Probst, Public Relations Manager at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the friendliness of our staff and that they made your stay so enjoyable. We were certainly concerned that this was not the case with one person and will certainly discuss it with this individual. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit.
Ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed at Cranwell onThanksgiving weekend with other family members, and we all decided to return this past weekend. Our one year old grandchild was with us. The cottages suite was perfect for the one year old and his family. We stayed in Founders again because we like the convenience to the spa,but in reality the Cottage was equally convenient. We ate in the main dining room and found the food, service and atmosphere superb. The spa is comprehensive and accommodating and we all felt very pampered. Grounds and architecture are gracious and majestic. We plan to return for family get togethers on a regular basis. Watch for specials because the value is remarkable

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank guina
Upstate NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

My friend and I won a girlfriend get away package. This was just a one night stay thing. The minute I got there they were extremely friendly and helpful. They gave me the royal treatment at the spa and when we went to dinner. We had a fabulous time. We loved it so much that we are planning on making a thing where we come every year. I think next time we will stay in the mansion. I must say the lady that did my pedicure she did an awesome job. That was the best pedi i ever had.

Room Tip: We stayed at the beecher and it was quiet. I heard footsteps but that did not bother me. I hear the...