“My very favorite place to stay!”
Review of Birchwood Inn

Birchwood Inn
Ranked #6 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2012

For the third time, I had the pleasure of staying at The Inn at Birchwood. I just can't begin to tell you what a pleasure it is.
Strawberry Rhubarb pie? Yum. Welcoming rooms? Yes indeed. A great night's sleep? You know it.
Ellen is such a wonderful innkeeper and her staff take excellent care of the Inn.
I marveled at the cleanliness of the shower and assumed that it was brand new. I learned that it is thirteen years old! Not one water spot. Absolutely immaculate.
Just wish I didn't live so far away.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Millerinn
La Chatelaine, Owner at Birchwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

And we have so much fun and many laughs whenever you visit! I just wish it could be more often.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Gorgeous country inn, beautifully situated next to a classic white New England church. The breakfasts and the homebaking are absolutely delicious, the inn keepers are charming and welcoming, and the library is one of the nicest rooms I can imagine to while away a peaceful hour in. It is within easy walking distance of Lenox village where there are lots of nice restaurants.
Highly recommended. If you are visiting the Berkshires, this is the place to stay.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RedSoxGirl_46

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your Birchwood Inn stay! Great guests make innkeeping a pleasure.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is really the best B&B I've been to in New England. Ellen is amazing and hospitable. She even let me take home TWO LOAVES OF HOMEMADE BREAD!!!!!!

Her dog Quinn, is also a delight.

Bedroom was impeccably neat, clean.

Decorations were beautiful and I loved the detailed antiques and historic pieces throughout the house.

Felt like I was in a museum!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim J
La Chatelaine, Owner at Birchwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

It is so rewarding to an innkeeper when guests have a great time, and when they like the bread! I do hope, however, that the inn isn't a do-not-touch museum but rather historic country elegance. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and myself stayed last July for several days enjoying the beautiful nature around, several music and theater performances at Tanglewood and a splendid place to stay. comfortable, cosy, beautiful garden to sit outside, and very friendly and personal service in all respects. we will certainly come back as soon as we have the possibility. Thank you!
Marcus & Danielle, Schaffhausen, Switzerland

Room Tip: Talk to the owner lady, Ellen, a very helpful person interested in the guests and their countries an...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
La Chatelaine, Owner at Birchwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

It is always a pleasure to host our many European visitors and show off the Berkshires! Thank you for staying at Birchwood Inn, and we'll look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Ellen,

I first wanted to say how happy I was to finally meet you personally, since our first email you warmth and kindness came across the web instantly. Now I see why so many of your clients return every year, it is like going home minus the stress.

Secondly, I haven't stayed in many B&B before but after this weekend I feel like I discovered a new world. The Birchwood Inn is the true meaning of cozy and beautiful. My room was so perfectly decorated that I thought at one point that it couldn't get better than that, then I peaked into several other rooms and all of them were equally as gorgeous but with a different story.

The service was flawless and the food was decadent (wouldn't expect less from the future Martha Stewart).

I hope you have a fantastic week and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

I am sure we enjoyed meeting you as much if not more than you enjoyed your weekend. Having such a positive impression of b&bs as a result of your stay that you'll agree that bed and breakfasts are the better way to stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
0.2 km away
Cornell Inn Lenox
#1 of 20 in Lenox
0.9 km away
Hampton Terrace Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Birchwood Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK