All reviews budget hotel bed was very comfortable fridge desk accommodations
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This is a perfectly acceptable budget hotel close to Tanglewood and everything else in the Berkshires. During the summer it is difficult if not impossible to find accommodations for just one night on the weekend. I booked on Hotwire, got the room for $80. The guy at the desk was very helpful when I wanted to change the first room I was assigned (very small and dark) My room had two double beds, a fridge and a microwave., big TV, dresses and table with two chairs. Also a full closet and luggage rack. Wifi is free and strong. There are picnic tables and benches to sit at outside and the hotel sits on a hill, so you get a little view of the mountains. Continental breakfast was decent...coffee, juice and an assortment of pastries and baked goods.

The place has been renovated and the bathrooms are a bit...odd. Looks like they were originally that horrid salmon-colored and black tile that was so prevalent in the 50s. They left the tile, but painted the walls lilac. When they redid the tub, it looks like they used an insert over the old tub, so the bottom of the tub is a little...squishy. Might have been better to rip the tub out and replace with a shower stall. However, the shower was hot and strong, towels were fine and they provided toiletries.re

My bed was very comfortable, sheets were clean, blanket and spread new. I have no complaints and for the money, it was a great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank SavvyFaire
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I booked a stay for 3 nights. I looked on the net and found the same room for much less. I called the hotel to tell them I would cancel and book online unless they matched the price. They said to call back when the manager was there. I talked to the manager and he said he would match the rate but the computer was done so I needed to call back. I called back and the manager said he had never heard of me. Then the first person I talked to said he had never spoken to me either even though I had his name. This went on and on and they continued to lie and refused to change my rate. BTW, I noticed that the rate on the net had changed about 10 minutes after I called the first time. I would never stay in a place where the management is so incredibly dishonest.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This facility is overpriced but is comfortable for a good nights sleep. The bathroom is very old with loose shower fixtures. The morning breakfast was nothing spectacular cereal ,munchkin donuts, bagels, muffins juice and coffee. We stayed here as a last resort as other motels were asking in the $200 range for one night and we were able to get a night here for $155. Excellent wifi reception in the room.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

This is a definite location that makes the meaning "You get what you pay for." the operative quote to REALLY believe. I had called the hotel before arrival in order to find out if the smoking room that we reserved was a room on the 1st floor. I was told yes. The room description through this site advertised what smoking rooms were available. When we arrived for check in, we were told that all rooms were non-smoking. When questioned why they advertise smoking rooms, they said that the web site had not been updated. They lied to us. We respected that and used our car for smoking, but observed other guests walking around in rooms while smoking. Upon check in and checkout we never received an invoice for our stay. They didn't even know the rate we had reserved for....they said it was a 3rd party booking. I am writing this for smokers and non smokers: You will be lied to. If you are a non smoker you will end up in a room that has been smoked in. Stay somewhere else and truly enjoy a clean, updated room as promised. We will never be back!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pam B
Reviewed 20 January 2017

I am no snob about these things. I have stayed at most of the budget hotels in the area for business, and I've been pleasantly surprised. I'm usually not bothered by most of the things people complain about. However, this experience was just weird and bad from the time I got there. Being by myself (female, if that matters), I was questioned about my choice of room (two double beds) and felt like I was given the third degree. Nobody's ever asked me about that before. They switched me to a King Bed room. About an hour or so after I checked in, there was a knock on my door. I was using the bathroom and couldn't answer in time. Then the phone rang. It was the front desk saying they had my license. Bear in mind, I was the only person at the motel and the people working there had just been sitting at the front desk the whole time. So why did it take so long to return my license? This really creeped me out. Room was gross, smelled gross, and made me feel uneasy. I soon realized the uneasy / unrelaxed feeling was due to the VERY VERY noisy heating unit / ac. It was middle of winter, so I was using the heater, but honestly after a few hours of that I seriously considered just turning it off and toughing out the cold, that's how annoyingly noisy it was. Shower floor was literally buckling and felt like stepping on a vinyl pillow. Ugh. Weird pattern of pink smears in the shower stall. They were obviously meant to be there, but why? Never seen anything like that. Musty smell in the shower as well. Felt dirtier than before I had showered.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business