“absolutely awesome”
Review of Gateways Inn

Gateways Inn
Ranked #2 of 20 Lenox B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Came to lenox on a whim, with my girlfriend, midweek in July and stumbled upon this gem of a place. As soon as you walk in you feel as if you belong. The owner was not there, but I was greeted by a young woman who immediatly made us feel welcome. She did not try and impose the more costly room, though we chose it. Decorated in blue, it is roomy and comfy with a great shower/jacuzzi tub. In back of the house, it is quiet. We had dinner at the restuarant - best lamb chops I have ever had and spent nice time at the bar with Paula and listened to jazz in the lounge. We spoke to the owner about maybe getting married there next year, he was most knowledgeable and helpful giving us lots of tips and even refering us to other venues to compare.

Room Tip: Stayed at the Rosalind room. Perfect in every way.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Our stay at the Gateways Inn was nothing less than wonderful. For anyone attending an event at Tanglewood it is an ideal location, and walking distance to the local shops and restaurants. The Innkeeper personally greeted us and introduced us to his sons and wife who assist with the everyday operations. The rooms are tastefully appointed with a traditional flair. The homage to Shakespearean characters add a touch of classical romance. The musical entertainment from local artists was a nice way to cap off the evenings along with an assortment of desserts and cheeses. Breakfast prepared by Michelle was delicious and filling on our first day, but seemed more continental style our second day. Lovely artwork is displayed throughout and the ambiance is warm.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Being a local, I came for the food only-a sumptuous breakfast/brunch on Mother's Day with my husband, mother-in-law and son. I loved the combination of food that Michelle served, fresh fruit, a tremendous assortment of cheeses and breads, salmon, and a wonderful egg casserole-similar to quiche. We all thoroughly enjoyed the brunch (all 3 generations!) I was surprised when someone lamented the lack of breakfast meats, which quite honestly none of us even noticed. It was wonderful. Thank you Michelle and Eiron for making our mother's day so special.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My wife and I are frequent travelers. So when I say the Gateways Inn exceeded our expectations, it certainly isn't from a lack of experience. Our room was lovely. Close to the bar, chock full of New England charm but very well insulated and modern nonetheless. At the same time, it wasn't "fussy" as many B&B's are. Great location, we enjoyed walking everywhere.

Breakfast was wholesome, vegetarian friendly and hearty. The bar is fun - huge and very eclectic scotch collection. Eiran and Michele, the owners, were the highlight for us. Eiran arranged for us to have two of the best seats at the Shakespeare theatre. They are also nice people and we enjoyed hearing their story. We recommend the Gateways without reservation and look forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My partner and I had a very relaxing stay of five days. We were greeted at the door each time we entered. Highlights of this Inn include live music every night, great breakfasts and great towels. I have never seen a cheese selection at breakfast, but I loved it. I also appreciated the fresh fruit every morning. The location of of the Inn is excellent as well. We could walk everywhere. Even though there was an in-house bar and live music, the rooms were very quiet. The Innkeepers and the staff were friendly and exceptionally helpful in meeting all of our needs. I would highly reccomend this Inn to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooms are all shown on-line. Look for the room that you like and make the call.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donald J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenox
0.7 km away
Cornell Inn Lenox
#1 of 20 in Lenox
2.3 km away
Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort

Been to Gateways Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK