“Okay since there's not much around”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pilgrim Inn

Pilgrim Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lee
Sarasota, Florida
“Okay since there's not much around”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2009

We booked our rooms directly with the hotel and I made it very clear we needed to have connecting rooms. I was told there would be no problem with the request. We were up in the Berkshires for a family wedding and I had three teens in the connecting room. When we arrived he said he didn't have us in connecting rooms and they didn't have any left, I told him fine but we weren't staying, he did some moving around and after waiting we got the connecting rooms. He was extremely nice but I wouldn't rely on them getting it right, if the other people who wanted the connecting room had arrived first, we would have had to scramble for another hotel further away. There were several wedding guests in the hotel and more coming.
The rooms felt run down, old, and my socks were black from the rugs. The locations was great for the weekends events but, it's old and tired looking and needs updating and needs the carpets cleaned. We were putting our wedding clothes in a not so nice half make shift closet. We did not eat the breakfast we went to a great place across the street instead.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirty and old
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2008

Third time a charm. We stayed for the third time this year ,to our suprise, new queen size beds.rooms very clean,and the staff was very helpful to all questions.housekeepers were very pleasent.Ive read other comments that people left,complianing about breakfast.its a contental breakfast,and for the price I have no complaints.would stay anytime.

• Liked — the staff for being private owned.more freinldy then fracise
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Lunenburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

We stayed here during the Tanglewood season, on a very popular weekend. Everything else was booked by February, so we decided to try the Inn. We nearly lost the reservation because Expedia did not inform the Inn that we changed our plans such that we wanted only the second and third nights of the original booking; I had no idea of this, because Expedia posted a new itinerary to me. We only got a room because someone called and cancelled while I was at the desk.

I must say that the person at reception was very helpful and offered extra help. This is why I give the place two of five circles, rather than one.

The insurmountable problem is that the room had a very dirty carpet, and smelled strongly of stale tobacco under a cloud of unpleasant room freshener, although listed as a non-smoking room. The odor remained pervasive and sickening throughout the stay. Non-smokers are very strongly advised to steer clear.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Lee hotels

OC, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2008

We were driving through to Maine and had to stop for the night because we were tired. We got there at around 1am. There was another guest who also just arrived. We rang the bell and the innkeeper looked irritated that we had woken him up. We asked for 2 rooms. After seeing a sign posted near the front desk saying "All rooms are non-smoking as of June 15th", I proceeded to tell the innkeeper that we needed a room that has been non-smoking all along, as my 9 year old son is very asthmatic and on numerous medications daily. The innkeeper pointed to one of the buildings and said that none of the rooms in that building had ever been smoked in. I took the keys to both rooms and went to settle my 5 kids in for the night. My 2 older girls were staying in one room together and as soon as we walked into the first room (room 115), the stale smell of cigarettes was very heavy in the air. There were cigarette burns on the carpet. Then I opened up our second room (room 118) and it, too, had obviously been smoked in at some time but was quite a bit better than room 115. We decided to go back and let the innkeeper know that room 115 was not acceptable as far as being "non-smoking". I told him that room 115 smelled heavily of smoke so we needed to get another room. He acted very surprised and like he didn't know that room 115 had been smoked in, but very quickly offered us another room (this time room 121 upstairs). He said that he had cleaned this room himself and that it was definately never smoked in. We found it very interesting that the carpet in room 121 also had cigarette burns and there was a faint odor of stale cigarette smoke. We decided that this was probably about as good as it was gonna get, especially at 1am, so we went to our rooms and went to sleep. The beds were not comfortable at all and I woke up with a neck and back ache. After seeing other people's hair all over the bathroom floor the next morning, we decided to just get out of there instead of showering. Upon check out, this girl who looked not a minute older than 18 and who spoke with a thick accent asked me for my keys to the 2 rooms. I told her that my kids had left the key cards in the rooms by accident. I figured it was not a big deal since they were just key cards, but she rudely insisted that she could not let me check out until I returned the keys. I explained again that we accidentally left them in the room and she said "Then go get them". I told her I could not get them because I could not get back into the room because I did not have a key. She acted like she wouldn't take no for an answer and said I could not check out until I gave her the keys. Luckily the innkeeper from the night before came in and I told him of the problem and he just waved me off and said, no problem, you can check out. We then left and continued on our drive to Maine. The only other thing that I have to say is that as an innkeeper you cannot just say rooms are "non-smoking" as of a certain date and completely ignore the fact that those same rooms have been smoked in for years and have cigarette burns everywhere on the carpet, bed sheets, blankets, etc. Obviously he didn't care at all that my son had severe medical problems that could have been made horribly worse by the cigarette smoke. He obviously lied to us and didn't care. I would NEVER stay here again. It was just gross.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The innkeeper lying about the rooms and the fact that they had all probably been smoking rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2008

My wife and I both found this place to be a nice suprise. We booked the room with a coupon from Room Savers booklet. The front desk was as helpful as you could ask for, giving good info on eateries and the town. The room was large and clean. The shower never got hot, just luke warm, and there weren't many other guests at this time of year using up the hot water. The toilet paper was harsh. To call the breakfast selection meager would be extremely kind, when we asked for orange juice, we were told we could get some across the street at their "sister property". The carpet in the room was very bumpy. I would stay here again and bring my own juice, and TP.

• Liked — Front desk personnel
  • Disliked — cool shower
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lee
2.7 km away
2.9 km away
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#7 of 9 in Lee

Been to Pilgrim Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK