“Not very friendly”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Lee
Albany, New York
“Not very friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

A storm hit the northeast on Oct. 29th. We were not able to travel due to the snowstorm. Called around 4pm to cancel, hoping that they would due to the circumstances of the weather. I was told to call back to talk to a manager. I called back at 6pm and was told to hold on..they put the phone down and I could hear whatever they were doing for about 10 minutes..they never came back to me. So I called back at 9pm and was put on hold again..again they just put the phone down and I listened to a guest telling the clerk/manager that there was no reason of them to input his drivers license ID number into the computer. The guest was very upset and the clerk/manager said it was Choice Hotels that required it. I work for Choice hotels and have never heard of such a thing..sure we check ID..for cash paying costumers but would never need the ID number on their license. Anyway...after the guest left the two clerks/manager talked to each other for a few minutes...never coming back to me. I looked at my cell and had been listening to all of this of 11 minutes. So I hung up and called back. A woman answered and told me she could not help me...she asked for my number and said she would call me in the morning....Nobody ever called me. So I called back the following day and the general manager..Mr. Desai said that he charged me for a no-show and would not help me at all..I explained our problems with traveling in the storm and the different bad phone experiences I had the night before trying to talk with someone..everything I just wrote above...and he just didn't care. All they wanted was my money..which was on a $27.oo charge...they must really need my $27. Its sad to see that the company I work for, Choice Hotels, has managers with bad attitudes. This is not the first time I have had poor experiences with Choice Hotels properties..and as an employe I would expect the same service as everyone else...as a paying guest..maybe not here but at other properties, the management sometimes does not treat you the same as they would with a regular paying guest.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank DBS75
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

The Rodeway was the epitome of "you get what you pay for." The motel architecture indicated that it had been around for 50+ years. Yet, the exterior and interior sported fresh paint and the carpet in the room, and the bathroom tile floor also seemed recent. The room was spotless and everything worked perfectly...A/C, outlets, bathroom lighting. We skipped the simple continental breakfast, however, in favor of an in-town diner . Location on the outskirts of the village made for easy access to both Jacob's Pillow and Tanglewood.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

In June of this year, while traveling away on business to neighboring Stockbridge, I had the (dis)pleasure of staying at this Inn. While trying to sleep, workers were outside working on replacing carpet in most of the rooms. carpenters had rolls of carpet rolled out in the parking lot. As business had me staying for only a few hours, before leaving later that day for Ramsey (New Jersey), I slept pretty much in my clothes. The mattresses felt lumpy and the bed crawly. Upon waking up, a co-worker alerted me to the fact that there was no shower curtain in the bathroom. We checked out with no intention of ever returning. As a Choice Hotel property, this inn should take more pride in the accommodations they provide.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank TillettMD

Travellers are raving about these Lee hotels

Depew, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

We have stayed at this motel often but never encountered (bed)bugs in the sheets. I was reading, we had checked the other bed and thought both were fine. When the office was notified, the bed had to be checked, we had to pack and then left with the assurane we would not be charged for the three hours we occupied the room. There was no appology for having to find a room at midnight, no offer to pay for another room and no acknowledgement from management or headquarters that there had been a major problem. We will not stay there again.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank judanne
Walpole, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

Room not clean-toilet seat needed replacement-rug needed vaccuming-bathroom floor needed cleaning. Didn't even take shower, couldn't get out fast enough. Are these owners related to Quality Inn owners?

Room Tip: Stay in another town.