All reviews hill overlooking west stockbridge room was clean two double beds flat screen tv c unit road noise budget hotel nice pool plenty of hot water one night stay coffee and tea lenox microwave ownership ma summer
Reviewed 25 July 2011

In June of this year, while traveling away on business to neighboring Stockbridge, I had the (dis)pleasure of staying at this Inn. While trying to sleep, workers were outside working on replacing carpet in most of the rooms. carpenters had rolls of carpet rolled out in the parking lot. As business had me staying for only a few hours, before leaving later that day for Ramsey (New Jersey), I slept pretty much in my clothes. The mattresses felt lumpy and the bed crawly. Upon waking up, a co-worker alerted me to the fact that there was no shower curtain in the bathroom. We checked out with no intention of ever returning. As a Choice Hotel property, this inn should take more pride in the accommodations they provide.

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank TillettMD
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We have stayed at this motel often but never encountered (bed)bugs in the sheets. I was reading, we had checked the other bed and thought both were fine. When the office was notified, the bed had to be checked, we had to pack and then left with the assurane we would not be charged for the three hours we occupied the room. There was no appology for having to find a room at midnight, no offer to pay for another room and no acknowledgement from management or headquarters that there had been a major problem. We will not stay there again.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank judanne
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Room not clean-toilet seat needed replacement-rug needed vaccuming-bathroom floor needed cleaning. Didn't even take shower, couldn't get out fast enough. Are these owners related to Quality Inn owners?

Room Tip: Stay in another town.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank maryalice423
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The price was right and we needed a place in the Berkshires which would allow a one-night stay; many require a minimum of two. So this did the trick--it was about 5 minutes from Tanglewood where we went to see Earth Wind and Fire (fabulous despite rain). The hotel is part of the Comfort Inn chain so we got points for staying there.
So again, there were factors which lead us to this particular hotel. And it was ok inasmuch as it fit the bill.
Good thing: location.
Not so good: ants in the room. Lots of them. I actually put my suitcase up on a bureau to avoid them, but they still invaded it; next day had to shake them out of my clothes. There was no food in there so don't know what they were so excited about.
Good thing: they were ants, not bedbugs.
Good thing: beds were comfy, actually.
Bad thing: pillows were flat, a little yukky.
One more not very good thing, involving ants and breakfast: ants were on the breakfast. The breakfast "spread" wasn't actually too bad; bananas and yogurt looked good. So I brought those back to the room but didn't eat them--after my shower, there were ants all over them. Returned said items to the breakfast room, aka office; and then noticed ants in/on the other food items in there. Appetite: gone.
All in all, it wasn't horrible; there are many worse things I can think of besides ants. While I do not enjoy them, especially in such an intimate manner, it wasn't the end of the world.
The pool looked nice and again, the location worked well. I reported the ants to the office person so perhaps they will be absent in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnieLovesFrance
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I was in the area for a wedding and thought even though the rooms wouldn't be luxury that they would at least be tolerable. Well, I was wrong!! There were spiders everywhere, hair in the bed, the floor was damp and dirty, there was only a flat sheet on the bed so we were forced to sleep on the disgusting old mattress, and worst of all, I woke up with cockroach-like bugs in the bed with me! It was terrible! I went to the front office to calmly explain my situation and ask for a refund for the second night I had paid for, which I would not be staying, and the owner proceeded to scream in my face, telling me I was disrespectful and that I was lieing. It was an absolutely TERRIBLE experience and I will never ever stay at a Rodeway Inn again in my life, especially this dump!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! Go to a bed and breakfast!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple