All reviewscable tvrooms are smallfridge and microwavecomfortable roomoff seasonnice staystockbridgecleanliness
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Receptionist Sam was great. Gave us good directions and was very helpful. That's where our good experience ended.

Our room seemed alright at first, then we realized the toilet wouldn't stop running. This was not only noisy, but it is wasteful.

When we sat down for a breather, after several hours in the car, we saw the film of dust everywhere and found we were sharing the bathroom with spiders. Got them moved out and turned the air conditioner on so we would be cool when we returned after our concert.

Got back to the room after the concert to find that it had been entered and the air conditioner had been shut off. Not on a timer - SHUT OFF. Our room was entered without our permission. Hot and annoyed we decided to just go to bed.

At checkout I mentioned that our room was dusty and the toilet ran and was told that they're going to remodel - so happy for them. But, that did nothing for my bad night in a dirty room. I was also told that no one had ever complained about cleanliness. I doubt that.

Friends were staying at another property in the area. After checking out we met them for coffee there, since there was no coffee at the Econo Lodge. We were amazed at how shabby our lodgings were by comparison. They paid only $68 more than we did and had a two room suite. And coffee.

We feel violated by the rate we paid for a dirty room and that our room was entered without our permission. We plan on returning to the area, as The Berkshires are lovely, but will NOT stay there again.

We will also think twice about staying at any Econo Lodge in the future after this experience. Their brand is not well served by this location.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2017

The night clerk was friendly and accommodating when we checked in and asked for a late check out the next morning. The room was small but clean enough, had a comfortable king size bed. The hotel is all only single-room wide, so no chance of getting in the back away from outside noise, luckily it was a quiet night. The front door and the bathroom door were both hard to close. The breakfast was only honey buns, bagels, coffee and juice--bare minimum--with only a small space to sit and eat (2 small tables). The bagels that were out had mold on them, when we told the morning clerk (an older man) about it, he just handed us a new bag of bagels. At 11:00 we received a phone call from him telling us it was time to check out in spite of our being told the night before we could check out at 12. We were ready to go anyway. Don't expect much if you come here, it is okay as far as a place to sleep, but that's all.

Room Tip: all the rooms are alike as far as I could tell
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Have stayed here for a business open house yearly but won't go back. Place had a hoard of long term tenants and pot smokers on there 2nd floor deck. Bathroom floors were unswept and in poor condition. Too bad, it used to be a decent low budget place.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We spend few days at this inn every year for past 8 years now. The rooms are always clean, the staff is always pleasant. And now that they have newly done rooms, we can enjoy some tv time between rain and hunting.

Room Tip: We prefer upstairs
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank avidhunter32
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I stopped here as I wanted to visit the Rockwell Museum. The location was convenient to the highway, and to the museum. I was pleased with price of the room, and even more pleased to find a very clean and comfortable room. The young woman who checked me in was very friendly and extremely helpful. She told me about several restaurants where I could purchase supper, and marked their locations on a tourist map. She also showed me how to get to the museum. In the morning, coffee, juice, pastries, and bagels were served in the lobby. It was not an elaborate breakfast, but enough to get me started for the day. It was dark when I checked in so I did not know that it was set in such a pretty location until morning. The views from the rooms are very nice.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo