“Beers Galore & Really Good Food”

Old Forge Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Lanesboro
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My buddies and I headed here at the end of a golf trip for our last night. The exterior is a little misleading, it looks run down. Inside it's like an old barn, but most importantly the food and beer offerings were very wide ranging. We all had the Oktoberfest which was fantastic. Two of us tried the special applewood smoked brisket which was super tender and tasty, paired with beans, rice and cornbread. Our third had the sausage pasta which was very appetizing. The menu is pretty extensive for both beer and food. We skipped this place last year based on exterior first impressions. That won't happen next year.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I saw the good reviews but assumed it was because there wasn't much selection in the area. I was wrong. The good was very good. The wings were flavorful and spicy but not drenched in buffalo sauce. The pasta with chorizo was also very good. Not to mention the huge selection of craft beers. I will visit again the next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Made 2 visits here during a weeklong stay in the Berkshires. Not disappointed with anything. Great nachos, fish tacos and burgers. Large portions. Good variety on brews. Reasonably priced. Outdoor seating available is nice. Good and friendly service.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

The Old Forge is a very atmospheric, old-time tavern with a great selection of craft beers on tap. The menu offers most of the standard fare you'll find in a similar place but they are known for their chicken wings, which are truly superb. Some of the dishes are a mile-high so beware of your waistline! The bar and some restaurant tables are upstairs and there is a dining area downstairs that is even better, especially if the fireplace is on. In warmer weather, you can eat outside around the back. They don't take reservations so suggest you get there around 6:00...otherwise the crowds line up fast especially on weekends and you might have to wait 45 minutes for a table. It's worth it, though.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We spent a week in the Berkshires. This was the only restaurant we went to that wasn't very good. The food was only okay. Our waitress did not come back to the table after we got our order. We finally flagged down another waitress and asked her to get ours. When she finally came to our table I asked for a refill on my iced tea. Imagine my surprise when I reviewed our bill and found out I was charged for 2 iced teas. No other restaurant charged for refills. We were never told there were not free refills. Too many other good restaurants in the area. Avoid this one.