“Not your average pub food”

Ipswich Ale Brewer's Table
Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Ipswich
Description: The Ipswich Ale Brewer’s Table, nestled uniquely inside the brewery itself, features 15 tap lines and a diverse menu with a mix of tastes ranging from gastro and brewpub to New American cuisine. Watch the brewing process through Industrial-sized windows and follow the process from grain to glass. Now serving wine! To ensure the comfort of all of our guests, be sure to bring a booster seat or clip on chair if your child requires it.
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The menu is small but large on different kinds of food with a twist. I’ve eaten here many times and each pick has been great. Short rib poutine, thanksgiving empanadas, burgers, it’s all good

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Met my son and his fiance for an early dinner. We decided to order a number of appetizers. We ordered mussels, fired clams, poutine and queso. All were excellent. The clams were the best that I have ever tasted. They were small with bellies, sweet and very tasty. The mussels were delicious with a wonderful broth and bread to soak it up. We tried different beers and enjoyed all of them.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

We decided to visit the Ipswich Ale Brewer's Table after sampling some of their good beer at a local festival, where they had a truck. While we had great service by a female employee, we noticed two male employees were making disparaging remarks about us within earshot. Red Flag No. 1. When we arrived at the brewery, we were completely fooled. The brewery is located in a historic building, which also serves as the company's headquarters. The bathrooms are clean and new. However, from the minute we sat down at the bar, there was indifferent service. Red Flag No. 2. When asked about the beer or food choices, we seemed to be ignored or would receive a sullen one-word reply by a younger female bartender (she spent more time talking to a friend, who relocated to the end of the bar so they could continue their conversation, apparently, that was more important than our order). When we received an overpriced order of nachos, we were shocked. They weren't white corn, they were flour (OMG they were stale!). Instead of short rib, we got a small dab of repurposed pot roast. This is Ipswich Brewery's corporate headquarters...they would be better served to roll up food trucks. Also, hire mature and friendly staff--whether they operate your traveling truck, or serve food and beer at your "restaurant." Bad employees can kill a business.

1  Thank Recon1
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Found this place on our way from Boston to Portland and was so happy we did. The place has a cool vibe and we were just planning to sample a couple of their beers. But when we saw their food menu, the dishes sounded so interesting, we decided to order a few of their appetizers. We tried the Thanksgiving egg rolls, the empanadas and a small chowder. Everything we had was delicious, and the small chowder seemed more like a large bowl! Wished we lived closer so we could try more of their menu! My husband likes to try double IPA’s a lot and he said this was one of the best he’s tried that’s smooth and not super hoppy and cloudy. It was the Route 1A Dbl IPA .

Reviewed 1 July 2018

We went for lunch. My husband ordered a beer (its a brew pub). I wanted soda water - but they only had San Pellegrino. I wanted a splash of cranberry but they don't have juice because they only really serve beer. Okay fine. I get it. We were starving so we ordered an appetizer - Salmon plate.
After we got our drinks, we looked at our menus and I decided I either wanted the fried clam appetizer or the fried clam entree. Lo and behold when I went to order finally, after ordering drinks and appetizer we are told that they are out of both clams and mussels. Two problems with this: this restaurant is in clam country. Every restaurant serves clams in the area. They had been out since the day before and she wasn't sure if they were getting them in today or tomorrow. It was a Saturday - the busiest night of the week and they were out of clams? Second, we should have been told when the server first came over which menu items were temporarily not available. Poor service on that note.
Our drinks showed up - my husband's beer was absolutely delicious.
Then our appetizer showed up. Good portion size and good flavor, but very underseasoned.
When our entrees showed up - LGBT (Lobster Gouda Bacon Tomato with avocado) for me and pizza for my husband - we dug in. My husband liked his pizza. I got a taste and thought it was pretty good.
But do not waste your time on the LGBT. The fries were very good. The sandwich not so much. It needed seasoning. I do not think it had any seasoning at all. I do not think any item in it was seasoned at all. In eating it, I could taste the bread. The lobster was watery and plain - it did not need to be lobster salad or anything but needed some help because it didn't really taste like lobster. The gouda taste was buried - there was one single thin slice of gouda in the sandwich so it may not have been tastable. The tomato was a thin tasteless slice. The bacon was pretty good - probably the only thing with flavor. The avocado sauce was brown - need I say more? The first half I ate in the roll. The second half I pulled out of the roll and couldn't really taste much difference between each ingredient, even when salted.
We might go back but I would ask what was unavailable before even looking at the menu. And I would never order that sandwich again.

1  Thank CarolineMR

Been to Ipswich Ale Brewer's Table? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK