“Very good tasting pizza with generous toppings”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Georgia's Pizza & Subs
Ranked #30 of 43 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Georgia's is conviently located in Depot Square, the downtown area of Ipswich. The menu is mostly the predictable typical fare of a pizza/sub shop, seemingly Greek owner with Greek style food preparation. After food quality, what's important to me is cleanliness and a curteous staff. I can't comment on "eat in" because we've only ordered from them 2-3 times a year over the past several years, and in that time we've either picked up the food or had it delivered. I will say that the times we've picked it up, this small establishment appeared to be consistently clean from everything that we observed. Tonight I was alone and decided to order a small veggie pizza to be delivered. My only "special instruction" was to omit the black olives that normally come on it. I was pleasantly surprised that for the first time ever, the order was delivered as requested by a polite man in about a half hour around 8 PM on this Wednesday evening. One of the reason we don't order more frequently is that for what is usually an order for the 3 people in our family, there has never been a time where there was 1-3 errors in our very simple orders. Even though I only ordered one thing, I was pleased that it was correct, tasted delicious, and the toppings were chunky and fairly generous. A small veggie pizza was $12.04 with tax. This is an average price for the area, so I didn't mind, especially since it was very good. I see in other reviews that there are complaints about the staff. I haven't had much interaction with them except to order, and my only complaint would be that the girl who answered the phone spoke so fast an unclear. In additioon to that, she did something that a lot of places do that I don't like, and that is to answer the phone what i think was "Thank you for calling Georgia's", and in the same breath without a pause she said "Will you hold please" and click she was gone, without giving me the opportunity to say whether I wanted to or was able to hold. I think it's a rude way to answer the phone, but many other places do the same thing. She didn't speak loud enough, slow enough to be understood, or give mne the chance to respond-which is my only reason tonight for giving 4 stars instead of 5 in the rating. I'd say this is a good solid place to pick up or have delivered some good pizza, calzones, and subs (mostly). Even though there was no problem with my one pizza tonight, judging on all past orders of various menu items, it would be a good idea to check your order before you leave the restaurant, or before the driver leaves on a take-out order, because all of our past experiences have been way too many mistakes. However, maybe they've improved, so I' don't know for sure at this time if that's still an issue. My pizza was very good.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 January 2015

i just have to say that this place has good food but the people who run the takeout are unprofessional and totally uncaring when it comes to their customers opinions. EVERYTIME we order food, there is a problem. I mentioned this last night to the staff and I was told that I was screaming at the owner's daughter and being difficult. She constantly interrupted me when I tried to explain what the issues were. There was no reasoning with her. She was very belligerent and caustic. She was so ignorant that one of her employees pleaded with her to stop. Long story short---we got our food. It was not what we asked for off the menu and we have decided to take Georgia's off the list of places we will get food from.

1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We order pizza and subs here weekly. The pizza, which is delicious, is heavy with toppings. Subs are also full and delicious. Out of town visitors always rave about the food we order from Georgia's.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We order from Georgia's at least 2-3 times per month and have it delivered. Today, I decided to try something different and ordered the pastrami on a bulkie roll with pickles and mustard.
The pastrami was soooo tough that I couldn't even tear it with my teeth. Tried a knife and that was impossible. Decided to call the owner (just to let him know) and he insisted that he had
never had a complaint and kept interrupting...I was not looking for another sandwich (it will be a long time before we order from there again) just to make him aware of the toughness. There was absolutely no getting through to this owner (it wasn't that he didn't understand as he pointed out that he has been in business for 15 years) it was that he did not want to hear it! What a way to treat a customer (former)!

1  Thank likesinns
Reviewed 15 October 2013

A local pizza and sub shop across the street from Ithaki that serves a good pan pizza. They also have Greek salad and sub. sandwiches.

Been to Georgia's Pizza & Subs? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK