“A Unique Asset to the Ipswich Restaurant Scene”

Ithaki Mediterranean Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Ithaki Mediterranean Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Ipswich
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: ITHAKI continues to delight the senses - cuisine steeped in tradition yet innovatively crafted, warm and professional service, elegant dining rooms adorned with exquisite flower arrangements. Please join us in savoring our Greek and Mediterranean cuisine, food created under the warmth of the sun and enjoyed in the spirit of friendship and camaraderie.
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I've been here before and the results are consistent. This time I introduced my husband to the Ithaki cuisine and he was as enthusiastic as I. Many choices offer a great opportunity for diversity of tastes and new experiences. We headed primarily to the "small plate" selection and shared an appetizer. In fact, we went two night sin a row and had the same appetizer: an excellent gold and red beet salad with goat cheese and greens. This is a fantastic combination and prepared with freshest ingredients.

Small plates we sampled included, lollipop lamb chops, octopus, spanakopita, dolmades (stuffed grape leaves) and scallops. No problems here. Our plates were clean. We shared a dessert of cinnamon baklava with homemade cinnamon ice cream. Yum. The ice cream had just a tad too much cinnamon and the waitstaff guessed it before we did and apologized. Very professional.

if not for the lack of Lobster in Ipswich, we might not have returned two nights in a row. Nevertheless, this is an excellent choice even for repeats. The bill is not cheap but it is worth every penny.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I love octopus and I try it when I see it on a menu. That being said, I've had some really great octopus and not so great. Ithaki's version definitely falls into the excellent category!
Served with a warm fava hummus, YUM!!! I got this as a small plate and it would have been sufficient for a meal. I added the falafel which I also love(another small plate) and the homemade hummus was fabulous. I was so full from the octopus that I only had one falafel-my hubby got to eat the rest-it was very good. I would def try other menu items next time around. My husband got the salmon and he raved about it. This place is a little pricey but I don't mind spending more when the quality of food is excellent. Service was good. Warm bread with a tomato/olive/red pepper pesto(I'm guessing at the ingredients as I didn't ask) was also excellent. Will definitely go back! My last time here was many years ago-had a great experience then as well. This place will go back on my radar based on this experience.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

A nice place with traditional Greek Food presented in both regular portion dinners and mezes. A good job in covering a good portion of the breath of Greek cooking with well selected choices. Wine list is good with Greek and Italian wines (Fairly priced)

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The food was out of this world. We asked our waitress for suggestions and she was right on the mark. We had a number of small plates and one main dish (musaca) which was wonderful. The cauliflower and the shrimp dish were excellent ant the grilled octopus was a new dish for me and I loved it. The atmosphere was very nice and well worth the hour drive to Ipswich.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Tucked in this tiny New England town on a tiny corner is this lovely Greek spot. The ambiance was lovely although not distracting. Service was nice, but not elegant and the food was very good. The lamb chops were excellent and the special of the night was lamb shank over risotto which was quite tasty. I was a little disappointed in the Greek salad because it is not served as a tossed salad,but the individual vegetables are served on a plate. The saganaki was delicious, but a very disappointing small portion.The galaktoboureko-my favorite dessert did NOT dissapoint.

1  Thank jgoldstein26