All reviewskennedy compoundair conditioningbagelslocation is greatcape codwithin walking distancemain streetaccommodations
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We had a wonderful visit to the area and did some island hoping. The area and access to the Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket ferries is great. The Inn was disappointing and a poor value. We stayed on the second floor, above the check-in area. The place is not very well kept. It seems like the owner is enjoying the income, but not doing anything to keep the place clean or nice. Everything is outdated.

Thankfully I was the first in the bathroom in the morning and disposed of the large spider in the sink so my wife wasn't freaked. The toilet leaked, the bathroom light/fan was missing a cover and covered in filth. Mold was everywhere. The shower was the smallest I've ever experienced. Once in the shower, you can't move. The showerhead was covered in mold.

The television was the smallest I've ever seen. Electric outlets throughout did not work.

Do not go on the roof-top deck, it is very unsafe. It is propped up on wood blocks and moves all over the place. Someone is going to get hurt or killed on this thing!

Breakfast was a disaster. Stale cereal, dirty silverware and glasses, no fruit. What was offered should not be called food, let alone breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank JGriesh13163
Reviewed 17 August 2011

This is my third time staying at the Sea Breeze Inn and honestly, my best. The room we stayed in this time was a bit more expensive than the ones we reserved before, but worth every penny. The place in general is super clean and well-maintained. Like in previous experiences at this Inn, the room we stayed in was clean, bright and airy. The hostess does a great job explaining things to see and do all over Cape Cod so you'll always see something that you haven't seen before. I like this place too because it's close to the beach so you don't have to drive and pay for parking. It's also quiet and my husband and I find it romantic and cozy. We will be back next year!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jakie K
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Do not stay here!! It is disgusting!! I read the reviews on TripAdvisor, and didn't believe what people were saying, and thought it looked nice by the pictures...WRONG!!! Apparently the pictures that are online are from the previous owner! If I had been prepared to go camping, this place would have been great! But definitely was not expecting this for a B&B. At first we tried to make the best of it, but then just could not justify paying as much as we did to stay here!! We didn't even want to sit down on the toilet, and would have had to wear our flip flops in the shower!!! So gross! BE ADVISED: THEY DO NOT GIVE MONEY BACK IF YOU LEAVE! Only if they "re-rent" the room. Yeah right! Like they would even tell you anyway! DO NOT STAY HERE! We left immediately!!! Dirty. Dirty. Dirty!!!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Mickbl27
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I hesitate to say anything negative as the innkeeper was so gracious and helpful, but our room really left a lot to be desired. It was spacious enough, but the sheets were rough from pilling and the decor was on the tacky side. Most of the "decorating" seemed to have been done on the cheap. An outside light shined in our room all night to the extent that my husband had to hang bath towels along the edge of the bed canopy in hopes of shutting it out. A tiny tv was hung in a corner far away from the bed. The breakfast was continental with nothing hot or any meat or protein, but offered cordially. On the positive side, the towels were very nice and absorbent. The innkeeper is very accommodating and points out the wine glasses and refrigerator that guests can use for their own items. The location is great and the old building itself is very inviting. We tried to stay gone all day so we wouldn't be cooped up in this room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flygirl13762
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Greeted by very nice lady - helpful with local area - brochures available.
Did read reviews prior to stay but for a last minute room all I could find - did find most reviews were close and to true.

COST - 250 nite ( over priced for this type of B & B) but add in the area close to beach and a very close walk to downtown,restaurants I guess you pay for that !

Place is 1900's and has not been kept up in excellent inside shape but works.

Bathroom Toilet-Small but works
Bathroom - Some mold - stucco issues/mold/dirt ( could be cleaner for my taste )
Shower - not so clean - luke warm water ( would not work well in winter )
Beds are not Firm - Sink in bouncy type but after toss n turning got some sleep. I like a firm bed. ( my preference ) also Linens need updated - they are faded out/older. She should buy newer ones it would make the room stand out better and give a better feel of clean.
AC - works window kind - turn on early in summer
Very very old type Tiny TV -Smaller than 13" not sure on the size had only a couple channels - not cable ( FYI if you wanted to watch a favorite show at nite before turning in )
Not a very big sitting room as it merges with Kitchen seating

Outdoors is nice - not big area to relax ( they get Mosqutios too and Green Flies here during nite)

Breakfast Review : Wierd set up - Not impressed with type of food being served
She hangs out ..
Coffee-Cream-Sugar-Teas
Dried cereals - a few kinds
Cut up banana - by her personally she pulls out a banana and cuts it up on a plate ( my thought was wierd ) but she is nice..
Small blueberry muffins
Assorted Bagels - Cream Cheese

NONE of these - No bacon,sausage,eggs of any type,yogurts,Fruit laying out uncut by her,
No Waffles or Pancakes :*(

** star rate on food/price of room sorry for low review but I have better food choices at a Motel stay of Continental Breakfast.

Bed and Breakfast is labeled as it is supposed to be a special feeling with a
Specialty Breakfast - to make you feel spoiled..
I Just didn't get it ??

Over all - A nice place to sleep no special feeling

Gave service a higher rate due to very helpful lady..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple