“An Enjoyable Stay!”

International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 14 August 2007

It was my wife and my 17th wedding anniversary and we were given a four day, three night trip to Cape Cod in this hotel. Originally, we were to stay in the Waldorf Suite, but I upgraded to the Plaza Suite. It was a beautiful suite and I highly recommend it.
Although dated, everything was clean and well kept up. The front desk staff was very helpful, the waite staff was excellent, and housekeeping did a great job! I was very pleased with my stay.
Our stay was part of a package in which we chose the cruise to Martha's Vineyard. We opted to ride our bikes to the ferry dock and chain them to a fence in order to save the $15 parking fee. It was a lovely trip. We rented a scooter for $79 dollars (get a $10 off coupon in the main building near the icecream standfor Adventure Tours). The scooter is a must, if you want to see the island. Bikes are too slow, given the short time that you have before departing back to Hyannis. I would make another suggestion: Make sure you have a good map of the island. You can waste valuable time trying to find your way around. Also, the island is expensive. If you are on a budget, eat at the seafood stand near the Seafood Shanty at the harbor the next town over.
All in all, it was a great time. As I said, I was very pleased with my stay. The Plaza Suite is a must, however. Loved the bed, tub, and all the extra room!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tennisnewbus
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for International Inn and Suites on Cape Cod

Reviewed 6 August 2007

When we first entered our room, we thought it was cute, but then got on the bed and it was ROCK HARD!! Horrible! When we went to shower, there was no shampoo and when we went to ask for some, the staff at the front desk argued with us about whether we had a shampoo dispenser in our room (which we did not) and finally gave us little bottles...OH, and they also charge you if you leave the AC on all day..great huh?...And if you want complimentary coffee aside from at bfast time, forget it..They charge you for it! OH, and to top it ALL off, on the last day there, my husband used the facilities to find a cockroach climbing up his leg!!! DISGUSTING!!!!!!!! The only thing good about the place was their breakfast buffett, but I think I would have slept better on the pavement outside...

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zindle23
Reviewed 30 July 2007

We have just returned from an eight -day stay at this hotel. On the plus side,thehotel is in a great location if you like being in the centre of town and there are many great places to eat nearby.The towels and sheets were clean and the cold buffet breakfast was good ( the hot breakfast was greasy and not so nice )
The building and decor was tired and the corridors and bathroom poorly lit and very uninviting.My son's room had a very large damp patch above his bed which looked as if it could fall down at any minute!
The staff were largely dis interested.
Admittedly, we only had a standard room but there are only a handful of "suites" and many more that I assume were just like ours.
On the whole this hotel did not come up to our expectations and was not of the standard experienced in other hotels in the USA and I wouldn't advise it unless you don't mind cheap but not very cheerful!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2007

We stayed here on our first night of our 3 night Cape Cod vacation. I booked the Crown Victorian Suite over the phone, and didn't purchase any of the packages that they offer- just the room for $209/night. We arrived at the hotel, which has that awful logo of the 80's heads right on the sign- it makes us laugh- a lot! Immediately, we were happy with the location as it's on the main drag in Hyannis. We tried to check in around 11:30, which admittedly, is early, as check in is at 3, but the girl at the desk told us the room would be ready in an hour. We returned after almost 2 hours and the gentleman at the desk (seemed like a manager) was not nice. He didn't apologize in the least for what we were told, and just said to come back at proper check in time at 3. We were really, really annoyed at this point. When we FINALLY checked in after going to the beach, well, pretty much any annoyance we had went away. This hotel is cheesy, make no mistake. But as long as you go with the intention to have some fun romance, you'll love it. The Crown Victorian is huge, the decoration is over the top, but adorable. The room was clean, and there's a lot of just, stuff, so I can understand why it may take so long to clean, and why they're so adamant on check-in time. There was a bottle of champagne in the fridge- nice surprise to find out upon calling the front desk that it is included in the room rate. You also get breakfast passes--- you will not be disappointed. We ate happily, and didn't even think about food until dinner, and that's not like us! Huge selection of hot dishes, fruits, and all rather tasty. A couple of cons- the property is old, and a little musty. Also, the room got very humid, even with the air on, after using the tub a couple of times. We kind of couldn't breathe comfortable, and ended up not sleeping too well. The ventilation could be worked on, I think. I would also have liked more towels- I mean, you've got the tub, shower- and only 4 towels? Also, note that there is no bar soap, shampoo, etc. A little weird, but whatever. For what the hotel promises, it delivers. We peeked at a couple rooms being cleaned- I say, pay a few extra bucks and get a suite- definitely. The other rooms, were not nice, I'll just say that. When we checked out, I noticed that the receipt has your entire credit card number printed on it- that's uncomfortable for me, in this day and age. They also give you a parting gift of 2 mugs- with the funny logo!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovenewengland
Reviewed 8 July 2007

we go every 3 yrs, this year i thought was going to be differnt, first the directions there were confusing. when we made the reservations, i was going to book the princess room, but trying to save money i booked the waldorf, because i was told the rooms were simular, i ask if the jacussi was the same as before when you faced each other, i told them i dint want that, i wanted a heart shaped, they told me they changed all the jaccuzis, when i got there it was the same. i would of paid the extra 20 to get a better room. the bed was hard as a rock. the food was great, the aircondition was not working we asked for a fan, they said they had none. if we had stayed
more then one night i would have been very upset. if you want a good room get jr. princess and higher, make shure you get your moneys worth

Stayed: July 2007