“Fabulous location”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Windsor, Connecticut
“Fabulous location”
Reviewed 1 September 2010

What a great location right in the center of town, yet our room was set back enough that is was quiet at night. This was great for walking up and down Main Street and the marina was about a 20 minute walk. We were even able to walk to the Cape Cod Melody Tent and avoid all the traffic going in and out. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful with suggestions. Friends stayed in the room next door and we couldn't hear them through the walls. The only cons were the rooms were a little dated, but still very clean and comfortable, and the pool had a ton of chlorine in it. Still, in my opinion a good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank onebigadventure
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Boston MA
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Just returned from my second stay here. (First was a year ago.) I love this place. The room and bathroom were spotless. Love the airiness of the rooms and the fact the windows open. (No a/c at night needed, but it's there.) It's a simple, old school place, but that just makes it better. They've given the pool area a facelift. New patio furniture and spruced it up. The pool is old, but bigger than many nowadays. Can't beat the location! No car necessary. Restaurants. harbor, shopping all right there.
When I checked in, I realized one reason I liked it was the people that stayed there seemed to be older-and quieter. Of course, this stay, there were 20-somethings that sat outside their room for hours drinking and talking loudly. If this place had a minimum age for guests of at least 40, it would perfect. I'll keep going back anyway.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank goingsolo9
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Had a great experience. The hotel was clean, comfortable and very conveniently located. The staff was extermely helpful and friendly. The onsite restaurant had great food and friendly staff as well. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank akn2013
NJ
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We stayed 5 nights. Family of four: 2 children, 14 and 9 yrs old. Room was in fine condition. AC was perfect. Coudn't locate the remote for the TV, but didn't bother to ask for it. Tried breakfast in their restaurant one morning, other days explored Main street eateries. Kids loved the indoor pool. Staff was very courteous with directions and ideas for things to do. Motel is located right in the heart of Hyannis within walking distance to the port, which we found very convenient. offer 10% AAA discount. They charge first night at the time of booking and the balance upon check in. They allowed us to check in 1pm and when checking out extened until 12pm (normal check out is 11am).
Overall, we were pretty content with what we got, no major complaints (except for the missing remote control:))
Internet was pretty slow and at times cut out, they should improve their WiFi capabilities.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank nynj941932
Orlando
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We had made a reservation for this hotel a couple of weeks before we arrived. Maybe this is the way all the Cape Cod hotels operate but this hotel actually charged my credit card for the first night when I made the reservation. I thought that was pretty lame. When we got there, we were given a room right next to a room occupied with three people who were talking quite loud plus the TV was on loud. This was 2PM in the afternoon. Not wanting to have an argument later in the evening, we requested to be moved to another room, which the manager did. Up to that point, no problem. However, after spending more than a few minutes in the new room, we had decided we had made a mistake. Our reservation was for two nights but there was no way we were going to spend the second night there. First, the room obviously had an odor that was masked by some kind of room freshener. The odor was offensive to my wife and I knew she wouldn't want to stay there. When we checked in, the manager charged my credit card for the second night. I had never had this done by any other hotel and I have stayed in plenty. There were no toiletry items except for a couple of small bars of Cashmere Bouquet. I didn't care for the smell of the stuff. No shampoo so I was glad that I at least had some shampoo left over from my last hotel I stayed at. They advertise free wi-fi but that was non-existent. Could have had something to do with our room being at the end of the property. If it wasn't for me tethering my cell phone to my laptop, we would not have had internet connectivity. The TV was an OLD Zenith 19" portable on its own stand. We didn't locate the remote for it until the next morning when I rolled over in bed and landed on it while it was beneath the sheets and matress cover. Apparently, the housekeeper made the room up in the dark. Overall, the $120/night for a weekday stay really wasn't worth it. We ended up going down the road a bit and finding a much better property. The bad thing was that it was for $80 more per night. If you just need a basic bed and shower, this place will probably suffice. If you want any kind of amenities, keep looking.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple